Good Places to Ride in Northern California

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Places to Ride in Northern California

Hey Guys

I'm a newbie at this but I only had my Kat for only 2 months. However, I live in the Bay Area in California and was wondering where are the "spots" for riding? I did "old calaveras" and not yet "highway 9". Any other good spots to ride to, to grab food or see nature?

Originally posted by KPDL6290 View Post
    Hey Guys

I'm a newbie at this but I only had my Kat for only 2 months. However, I live in the Bay Area in California and was wondering where are the "spots" for riding? I did "old calaveras" and not yet "highway 9". Any other good spots to ride to, to grab food or see nature?

Never been west of the Missip... but, looking at a map... I would definitely be exploring US1 up the coast north of you, and about half a dozen roads that run into the mtns east of you.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I'm in Sam Jose. Lots of great places around here. Basically if its a road though hills or mountains,

Hicks road, highway 9, skyline (highway 35) old Santa Cruz highway, highway 1, 152, 156, 33, the road up to Mt Hamilton Observatory, 84, 92, page mill road, 17, bear creek road, 236, San Juan canyon rd (San Juan) heck, even 101 once you're south of Hollister, 29, 128, 4, 11, 16, 108 through the sierras, ditto 88 and 50, 80's not bad but the road is often in shit condition because if all the semis, and that's about what I got. Highways tend to be in better shape than random roads, but those can be fun too, less traffic.
      If you're new to riding, old Santa Cruz highway is great for practice, not much traffic and the turns aren't too sharp. It's not too technical, while still being tons of fun and pretty.
      Keep it rubber side down and enjoy!!
      1998 Katana 750
      1992 Katana 1100
      2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

thank you guys @shpielers and @Kreylyn!!!!! sound great. I will definitely try it out while the weather is in great condition.

Comment

Working...
        X