X

Handlebars

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handlebars

Because of a chronic neck/shoulder condition, riding my Kat has become painful. Is it possible to swap a different triple tree or bar mounts so I can mount a flatter handlebar or clip on?

If you have a 600, you can swap to the 750 triple and get a 3/4" rise. Might not be enough if you're dealing with injuries/pain, but it's one option. Use the search tool and look for bar risers. There's several threads about different handlebar options
    1998 Katana 750
    1992 Katana 1100
    2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Swap

I remember reading something a while back which involved swapping Bandit parts onto my Katana. Mine is an 89 750

Comment

Yes, you certainly can modify to add on much higher bars. Your going to need longer cables for all of them, and of course the bars and the risers you use.

The question really comes down to ... how do I get risers for this?

I believe your looking at full on custom, or making pre made for another bike custom fit.

There are a couple of threads on here where others have done this. A bit of a search will probably turn those up and give you some ideas.

I've never had the desire to do it, so other than remembering those threads, and having a very intimate knowledge of the Katana parts... I can't speak much more than that.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for all the help. I wish the Kat came with removable clip-ons. All I want to do is have them so they are level, with no drop. That would be a good enough riding position. If I got that, I would do a full resto with new plastics, custom paint and everything. I do enjoy riding the old girl (the bike I mean) very much. I found an upholsterer near me who is converting a seat for my CB400T project into a café racer looking seat on the factory pan. He can mimic the Corbin seat for about $200 or less, he thinks. That is without the back rest, but I could fab that. Then the Mrs. and I could use the Kat as the two up bike. These are damned good bikes and I would hate to part with it.

Comment

Can the clip-ons be removed from the risers?

Comment

Just get some convertible clip ons.

Comment

How to convertible clip-ons work? Are the originals still attached?

Comment

Comment

I have Kat 750 1998. Because of wrist problems I could only ride for 20 min before I could not feel my fingers. I installed the convertibar system, it raised the bars about 6" up and back. I have no pain or numbness, can now ride for hours. It is a great system

Comment

Convertible

OK, I have an 89. How to I remove the original bars?

Comment

Working...
                      X