X

I'm coming back!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm coming back!

So back in January I had a sort of offer I couldn't refuse type deal come up (work, out of state). Unfortunately, it meant I had to sell my bike ('06 Kat with less than 10k) to help with moving expenses. I bit the bullet and sold it, fortunately, to my little brother (who also happens to be a mechanic, and has treated her very well).

I've settled pretty well up here, and I'm ready to get a bike again. He's willing to sell it back to me for $1500 (and it'll cost $500 to ship). I originally sold it to him for $2g, and he's barely put any mileage on it (still below 10k). I'm pretty freakin' psyched - I'll go ahead and buy her back in early September just in time to get some riding in before she is put into the garage for her first ever midwestern winter.

I AM EXCITED!!! Be talking to you guys soon!!!!
    2006 Katana GSX750F

Dude, I hate to be the one to break it to you, but Pompano Beach isn't in the midwest.

Seriously though, congrats on getting your bike back! Also, I've had similar deals with my brother before, so from my experiences, congrats on having an awesome brother as well!

Welcome back.

Comment

Congrats!
      =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

congrats

Comment

poor little brother,takes a $500 hit.

Comment

Good deal for you. Do you know anyone in the trucking business who might be able to put it in the truck and drop it off on the way past?
            Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
            HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
              Good deal for you. Do you know anyone in the trucking business who might be able to put it in the truck and drop it off on the way past?
              Regretfully, no. It's gonna probably cost me like $500 to ship. UNLESS my uncle volunteers to trailer it up... he had mentioned (possibly seriously, possibly halfheartedly) that he'd be willing to.

Originally posted by ygolohcysp View Post
              Dude, I hate to be the one to break it to you, but Pompano Beach isn't in the midwest.
              Fixed that!
              2006 Katana GSX750F

Comment

That's great to get the bike back that you had before. I traded in a Yamaha FJ600 on a FJ1200 in the late 80's. I ended up working in the shop I did business with and ended up getting the bike back in the shop for sale about 6 years later. I was excited to buy her back but she had been taken to Hawaii and she was a mess. At least your old ride was loved while she was gone.

Comment

fly down and ride it back. or bus.
                  never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Originally posted by KAT TOY View Post
                    +1^^^^
                    2002 750 Kat
                    2013 Polaris 850 XP LE(wrecked)
                    2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800
                    2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800 X-package
                    1999 Ski-Doo MXZ 670 H.O.
                    2009 Kawasaki KX250F(SOLD)

Comment

Originally posted by KAT TOY View Post
                      Another ++ from me. I would rather spend the 500 on an adventure, fuel and fun than simply have it brought up.

Think of the bonding time!

Comment

Working...
                      X