X

93 Katana 600 completed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 93 Katana 600 completed

I wanted to say thank you to all the members here who have helped me get this project completed. I could not have gotten it completed without the guidance from the folks here at KR.

Here are some shots of Day 1. The bike had sat in an apartment complex parking lot for five years. The "gas" I drained from the tank (after the folks here helped me get the gas cap off) did not even have an odor, not even the turpentine smell, but it was browner than a muddy river.

This side is where it fell over multiple times since the lot was not level and it barely leaned on the side stand.

This is the side it went down on at 60-70 MPH in 2009, has been repainted but with crap rattle can stuff.

And the front, broken mirror, no mirror.

So I went through the bike front to back cleaning and greasing every bearing. Fresh brake fluid through all of the systems. Carbs cleaned with the help of the Carb 101 and 102 threads / videos. And lots and lots of derusting and painting. All new paint on the entire bike.

And here is the final results. Runs nice.

Again, thanks for all the help!
    Life is what happens while your planning everything else!!

Current rides
    1993 Suzuki Katana 600
    1981 Yamaha XS1100 Special

congrats on your project. Theres all kinds of parts out thee for theses bikes... do what you love and love doing it !!!

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Looks much better with out the bull horns. Good job reviving it.

Comment

really dig the front view on these. the headlight has personality.
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X