• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Btw, Crackshot did say please
    R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Re: FRAME SLIDERS

Originally posted by KAOS
      as some of you might know i got a pair of those aluminum frame slider brackets for my 05 kat. i put them on and added a set of chrome sliders (some other stuff too , photos are on the way).
      so now here is the question i was thinking about...
      should i have gotten a pair of plastic sliders? would'nt the plastic ones do what they were intended for better? if the chrome ones do ever make contact with the road, i'm not sure they give a whole hell of a lot. but the plastic ones will grind down, taking away some of the fall.
      now i know the brackets are aluminum, and they should break before any real, real, real bad damage happends to the frame. but do you think the plastics would be better. not to mention those brackets were like $45 or $75, i cant remember wich-but pricey!
      i was just wondering what your oppinions were....
      Are the frame slider brackets made for the Kat?

If so, where can I buy them?
      Always take the long way home.

Comment

Ok people lets get back to the post at hand. Stop complaining and answer the members post. Who cares how it is typed. Now as for you frame sliders the chrome ones do look good, but you may want to go with the derlen(sp). They will slide and not dig into the pavement like the chrome ones will. Remeber the chrome ones are made out of some type of metal whether it be aluminum or steel. You will be better off in the long run with the other ones. Like Jason05 said he "Drilled" his frame which is a big no no unless you weld in a sleeve to help reinforce the part of the frame you just weakened by drilling it then tap it. Anyway that is my .02 worth
        www.mopowersports.com

Comment

thanks HS2020 good insight there!!
          and as for the frame slider brackets i got them off of e bay. SINCE THEN A FEW PEOPLE FROM HERE HAD ASKED ME AbOUT THEM.i got back in touch with him and he told me he was very backed up,that he would call me when he got caught up.at that time i could put together an order with the guys from here and work on getting us some.they were made for the kat. and went on with no problems,i even polished them and they took to the shine nicely(even though you cant really see them)
          the only thing i can tell you K6AOTO IS TO PM ME FROM TIME TO TIME and ill let you know what the statis is.(forgetfulness and anger are my personality strong points l.o.l.)
          << RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT !! >>
          KRAZYKAT'S KATANA PICTURES

Comment

ok , so i just checked my e mail on e bay. he is saying $100 a set. i think it is expensive, i believe i paid about $50, but i cant remember. all i know is i wanted sliders , so the price really didnt matter much. plus he has the market pretty much cornered. i hope this was helpful..

Comment

Now Now fellas, I didn't mean to rabble rouse. I'm just a grammar Nazi. At any rate, I think 100 a set that does not have brackets is way to expensive. I just bought a set for 90 from Braunstien82 that came with a rather nice custom made bracket (pics soon). Sorry about the comotion.

Comment

i think you guys should deal with a scratched fairing and forget about frame sliders... they arent good.

Comment

Originally posted by Crackshot
                  Now Now fellas, I didn't mean to rabble rouse. I'm just a grammar Nazi. At any rate, I think 100 a set that does not have brackets is way to expensive. I just bought a set for 90 from Braunstien82 that came with a rather nice custom made bracket (pics soon). Sorry about the comotion.
                  DONY WORRY BOUT IT(sorry-caps again), no blood no foul.the brackets were what i purchased.but at the time i THINK they were like 50 or so. the sliders were 30.it was somethin like 80 for everything.
                  but now, since hes talking bout getting with a manufacturer and a patent and all,he wants 100 for the brackets.i think i can get a 10% discount if we buy enogh of them

Comment

I think you should all just buy them from me. Easy to polish and easy to paint and a better price.

www.scrmotorcycles.com www.katanaOutlet.com
                    Katana Frame Sliders
                    The only fully tested and proven Katana sliders Rear sliders, 520 conversion, gas caps and more.
                    98+ Slider are "CyberPoet Endorsed" R.I.P.
                    I couldn't have done this without you.

Comment

Originally posted by BRAUNSTEIN82
                      I think you should all just buy them from me. Easy to polish and easy to paint and a better price.

http://www.katriders.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15010

+1 I agree. Satisfied Customer, AND your helping the KR family.

Comment

I've gotten BRAUNSTEIN82's brackets and they going on my bike when I get time. They look like they're going to do what I need them to do and that is protect the bike from an accidental drop and low speed spill.

The price was right too!
                        "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

They look nice! Any update on a pre98 model?
                          My Karma ran over my Dogma.

Comment

Hey matt, sent ya a pm did you get it?
                            Ray - Thank you, may I have another?

Comment

Originally posted by seypea
                              Hey matt, sent ya a pm did you get it?
                              Just just you a pm
                              Katana Frame Sliders
                              The only fully tested and proven Katana sliders Rear sliders, 520 conversion, gas caps and more.

Comment

Originally posted by goose491
                                They look nice! Any update on a pre98 model?
                                Go to this link about pre 98 brackets

Katana Frame Sliders

Comment

Working...
                                X