X

Insurance! WTF.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance! WTF.

Hey guys, is there any reason that my insurance on a 93 kat 600 would be so high? It's 43 bucks a month..

I had a 2003 Ninja 636 from the time i just turned 18, until i turned twenty, then sold it, and it was only 31 a month... I don't understand.. same insurance co. haven't moved.. still have a clean driving record - (minus a ticket i got 4 years ago in the cage). I've had my Class M for almost 4 years.. I don't understand haha.

im 17 on a 91 kat 600 and i pay 210 a year
    oh and only had my m1 for almost a year
    track pro

Comment

Shop it out - even though I have Allstate for my homeowners, car, flood insurance, they wanted $2400/yr for the Kat. My broker fully understood - even when I asked him to tell the home office the Katana is a Sport TOURING bike - the response he got back was the Kat is classed as a sport bike - end of story. I went to Progressive and both the Kat and ZZR cost me $465/yr full coverage. You should be able to get much better rates if the insurer rates the bike as what it is - a heavy sport touring bike, and not a sport or super sport.
      2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
      2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

Progressive had the best rate for me hands down. Maybe a good way to go and really easy to get a quote.

Comment

Get Rider insurance and never look back
          Extra life.

Comment

Ugh. Rider used to be the best but pricing them out was insane. Something like 450 for the year and I got Progressive for 180. Rider was my first thought but no way should you spend that much for insurance especially for a bike.

Comment

Originally posted by Stryder917 View Post
              Hey guys, is there any reason that my insurance on a 93 kat 600 would be so high? It's 43 bucks a month..
              Credit rating maybe?

Insurance companies assume if you have poor credit you are more likely to cause a loss. I'm sure they have a study somewhere to back it up.

Comment

I pay around 39 a month for mine. 23 with one accident in a car. Also have had the policy for 3 years now.
                2005 Gsx600f- My baby
                1989 Gsx600f - My hell raiser
                Some times I take off one side of the fairings and ride around pretending I'm two face

Comment

230/yr on my 636 last year (didnt renew this year)
                  90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                  I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                  Originally posted by soulless kaos
                  but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Have your insurance agent double check the "type" and "rating" for the bike they input....

If they confused the bike with a gsx R... then it's put into the system as a sport or super sport, instead of a sport TOURING bike.

That will make a HUGE difference...

krey
                    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Bungles750 View Post
                      Ugh. Rider used to be the best but pricing them out was insane. Something like 450 for the year and I got Progressive for 180. Rider was my first thought but no way should you spend that much for insurance especially for a bike.
                      Really??? Rider was significantly cheaper than every other quote that I received. I checked Progressive, Geico, Allstate and Esurance. I did more, but those are the ones that I remember. Very surprising.
                      Extra life.

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                        Have your insurance agent double check the "type" and "rating" for the bike they input....

If they confused the bike with a gsx R... then it's put into the system as a sport or super sport, instead of a sport TOURING bike.

That will make a HUGE difference...

krey

+1
                        Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

Stop whining. You should see what we have to pay in Canada. Licenced for 30 years, and I pay like $800 a year, and thats actually a good rate!

Comment

Originally posted by kayakkermit View Post
                            Stop whining. You should see what we have to pay in Canada. Licenced for 30 years, and I pay like $800 a year, and thats actually a good rate!
                            LOL, at his age in Ontario he'd be paying 3x that.
                            Kyle

Comment

Thanks everyone for the suggestions, I'll definitely check into it!

and Krey, that's definitely a possibility, I'll for sure check it out, thanks ma.

Originally posted by kayakkermit View Post
                              hahaha, sorry man, that's rough! I was just whining because it was more than my 636 was.. which is halfass backwards :P

Comment

Working...
                              X