X

finally rode the dragon!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• finally rode the dragon!

well i had a blast this last weekend! me and my friend took our bikes up to the dragon. i did get 2 tickets (1 each direction!) i even managed to impress myself on the twistys even with my stretched out beast,lol. was draggin hella pegs on them switchbacks
    Attached Files
    92 gsxf 750:1216 motor upgrade,5.5 inch wheel swap, plus 10 swingarm, gsxr 1000 farings and cbr tailight,lol

Did you get a chance to run the Cherohala?
    Kyle

Comment

Looks like you had a good time.
      -Fire Is Good, It purifies the Soul.
      sigpic

Comment

Many of the guys I ride with suggest there are lots of roads that rival the dragon without the BS cop presence of the dragon.

That said, the dragon is still on my bucket list.
        2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure
        2005 Suzuki 750 Katana, sold
        1984 Kawasaki gpz 550, sold
        1982 Suzuki gs400e - sold
        1973 Honda cb350 - sold

Comment

Originally posted by BareKat View Post
          Many of the guys I ride with suggest there are lots of roads that rival the dragon without the BS cop presence of the dragon.

That said, the dragon is still on my bucket list.
          Naw, there's not really any other roads in the area that this guy would like.
          Get over yourself. For me to think you are an idiot, I would first need to think of you.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by woobie View Post
            Did you get a chance to run the Cherohala?
            yes i honestly think i had more fun on it
            92 gsxf 750:1216 motor upgrade,5.5 inch wheel swap, plus 10 swingarm, gsxr 1000 farings and cbr tailight,lol

Comment

Did you forget the cop on the way back...wtf man...lol

I loved the Dragon and will most liekly be going back this year with a friend. But once the Dragon is done, the roads surrounding it are spectacular in their own way
              "Life is what happens when you make plans..."

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=119546

Comment

Originally posted by Badfaerie View Post
                Naw, there's not really any other roads in the area that this guy would like.
                QFT!!!
                Pics
                Pics
                No pics yet
                Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Originally posted by Nut-Nut View Post
                  Did you forget the cop on the way back...wtf man...lol

I loved the Dragon and will most liekly be going back this year with a friend. But once the Dragon is done, the roads surrounding it are spectacular in their own way
                  lol,naw , it was a different cop....first cop stopped me and wrote me for speeding, the second cop stopped me because of equipment violations

Comment

There is no bad roads in that area. I really liked Moonshine Highway..
                    06 Kat
                    02 Volusia

Comment

Good deal! I'll finally be down there here soon. Can't wait! I seriously love it down there, just never been on bike except the freaking 49cc scooters we rented a few years. It was kind of cool but slow. They would rock down hill though haha.

Comment

I used to live in Tellico Plains (AKA the mouth of the cherohalla skyway) and I think the ride to the Dragon was just as fun as the Dragon. You get to see alot and take your time on the cherohala then experience some hella curves when you get there.
                        O' Yeah... Break out the Mud Boots this is gonna get deep!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Superman812 View Post
                          I used to live in Tellico Plains (AKA the mouth of the cherohalla skyway) and I think the ride to the Dragon was just as fun as the Dragon. You get to see alot and take your time on the cherohala then experience some hella curves when you get there.
                          yeah the turn on the dragon where pretty wicked other than i could never get comfy with cops sitting around every corner.....hell the one that gave me the speeding ticket was standing in the middle of the road right around a blind corner, i almost wrecked because he spooked me. cherohalla skyway was more fun for me because the turns were not as tight and i could fly down cherohalla without worrying about cops as much.

Comment

Working...
                          X