X

Dirty Ground Wires?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dirty Ground Wires?

So this question isn't about a kat, but I figured the brains here could figure this one out. I have a 97 CBR1100XX. Owned for 2 years now. Well she sat over winter and I tried to start her and she was DEAD. So I put a battery pack on her and she fired right up. Well the battery didn't hold ANY charge. So I bought a new TRUGEL battery. I installed it. The bike fired right up. I rode it several times and she ran and started flawless. So the other night, I take it to work. It performed flawless as usual. Well I get out of work and fire it up... Take it to the gas station... Fill up my tank, and CLICK.. Not even a sputter of trying to start... So do you think it would be a faulty or dirty ground wire? Obviously its not an alternator because the bike remains running once its started. So i push started the bike and got her home. Now she just sits. When I turn the key, the lights are REALLY BRIGHT, so there is power in the battery. Please help!
    Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
    Current Bikes:
    1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Sounds like a ground issue. Check all wires at their destinations and make sure they are all tight.

Comment

you can do a voltage drop test across grounds and power connections
      never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

id like to point out how everyone is nice to help out other riders, i wish other sites wouldnt hate on katanas so much and not want to help. makes me thankful for KatRiders

Comment

It's a good place to be. All kinds of knowledge and/or information.

Comment

Originally posted by crandleman1 View Post
            id like to point out how everyone is nice to help out other riders, i wish other sites wouldnt hate on katanas so much and not want to help. makes me thankful for KatRiders
            Agreed, however im not "another rider", lol I had a katana for several years before I sold it for the blackbird. lol loved it but wouldnt do the job comfortable enough for what i needed it for, would love to get another wone day tho
            Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
            Current Bikes:
            1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
            2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

Also don't discount a rectifier/regulator issue. Just because it can manage to stay running doesn't mean it's generating enough juice to keep the battery up.
              -Steve

sigpic
              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
              Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Working...
              X