X

Quick question about radiator to oil pan bolt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick question about radiator to oil pan bolt

When I took this area apart, it was put on this way. So I put it back on the same way. I later checked the fiche and tried to correct it, but I ended up rounding the banjo bolt off (guess i torqued too tightly the first time) I fixed the other side though.

does anybody know if this is okay? If not i'll drill it out and get new copper washers and the banjo bolt..

i know i know, rookie mistake. when i took the other side off, it double washers didnt block the banjo bolt hole.
    Last edited by xredjokerx; 05-25-2013, 10:13 PM.

You must have at least 1 crush washer on each side of the oil line, or It will leak.

If you accidently added 1 too many, but still have at least 1 each side... leave it alone.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

If you need a bolt you can have one of mine, I'm making my own lines and don't need them anymore.

Comment

Try to grab it with a pair of locking pliers first. Snap them really tight with the teeth and you can probably get it to break free.
        First motorcycle - new project
        1992 Suzuki GSX600F Katana

Comment

Working...
        X