Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Carbs Sync / Cleaning to fix idle issue.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carbs Sync / Cleaning to fix idle issue.

Hey all, okay so I've been on here a ton for my katana, but now I have a question about a Bandit, I was told they have the same or similar engines and I trust you guys more than signing up for a bandit forum page to ask one question.

I'm looking at buying a 2001 bandit and he says that it idles but wont run smooth and has some issues there. I have the gauges and can sync carbs, so that could fix the whole issue but how hard is it to do on a bandit. The only carbs I ever synced were a 1980 kawasaki kz 440. Is it different with a newer bike? You just hook up the vacuum hoses and adjust the fuel air mixture ratio?

Long story short, I sold my 95 600 katana for $2000 and want to get this 2001 600 bandit for $1800 and see if I can fix it for under $200. Then I essentially upgraded bikes for free! =D

Bandit listing: http://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/mcy/3805604999.html
    1995 Suzuki Katana GSX600F (I was 4 years old when it was made)

The engines themselves are similar. The carburetors are not. Good luck with that.

Comment

Hmm, why would they have totally different carbs if the engines are the same?
      1995 Suzuki Katana GSX600F (I was 4 years old when it was made)

Comment

Originally posted by Magruder13 View Post
        For the same reason that 1/2 of todays cars share 1/2 their parts with at least one other brand... and don't share the other 1/2 of their parts.

Some engineer said "make it this way!"

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Magruder13 View Post
          because they can

Comment

Working...
          X