X

so embarrassed...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so embarrassed...

Well I finally did it. After riding for a while I stalled out and almost dropped the bike. Worse it was in a 5 way intersection. I was about to turn and let two women walking go buy. well traffic started going the other way instead of letting me go. when one did let me go I started to then the bike stalled(forgot to downshift to first) and I held on for dear life to keep the bike up and all happened in front of those women and people in there cars. the one that was letting me go was laughing his a$$ off . anybody out there have some embarrassing stories?

Yup...... I was up in Grand Bend (a beach resort area) and let two shapely figures in bikinis walk by as I was trying to leave a gas station. I forgot to plant my feet. Full-face helmets are a good thing.
    sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
    ------------------------------------------
    89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
    96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Right after I got my bike I did the same thing. I was making a left turn from a stop sign and let the clutch out too fast. I was partially in the turn when the bike stalled and it dove to one side. I was able to keep it up, but it was close.

A few weeks after that I got lost going to my sisters boyfriend's house. I ended up on a "not so motorcycle friendly" road covered in stones and cinders. I came to a stop sign on a hill and had a car pull right up on my a$$.

I had really never practiced on a hill and became very flustered. I grabbed way too much throttle as I let go of the front brake and it almost threw me off the back. It had never occurred to me to hold the rear brake so I could release the front brake and apply the throttle. I have no idea how I was able to save that one.

Needless to say, I have done extensive practice of starting out on hills. It is no longer something that scares me or causes problems.

Comment

A while back on my old bike I pulled in to MCDonalds at lunch time to grab a bite to eat. Parked the bike in a parking spot and when I got off the bike I forgot to put the side stand down and the bike fell on its side. Another guy can over and helped me lift the bike up .I got on started the bike ,drove away happy that I kept my helmet on the whole time.
        Not wearing gear while riding is like unprotected sex. Sooner or later you're going to get a rash!

Comment

Originally posted by tenchu View Post
          drove away happy that I kept my helmet on the whole time.
          :

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
          Yup...... Full-face helmets are a good thing.
          Last edited by crazycraven420; 04-09-2013, 06:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
          94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

I have said it before , I only stall my bike for an audience
            Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Originally posted by rexazz2 View Post
              I have said it before , I only stall my bike for an audience
              ...and elk burgers.....
              sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
              ------------------------------------------
              89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
              96 YZF 1000R

Comment

This winter I couldn't find my winter gloves so I headed to work with my normal pair. It was like 10 degrees out and every traffic light I would stick my hands into the open vents of the fairing to warm them up. Well I got one of my backpacks chest secure buckles caught in that space between the gas tank and the seat and couldn't bring my chest up off the gas-tank when the light turned green. I had to wave people around me until I could pull over and actually unlatch my seat.

Comment

I dropped the Hayabusa I used to own in front of a club with a ton of people waiting in line at the door. I had no idea I could lift that thing up so easily! And yes, full face helmets are a godsend in those situations.
                  “If you don’t like change, you will like being irrelevant even less.”
                  -Former Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld

2002 DRZ400E
                  1994 Katana 600

Comment

Originally posted by .408cheytac View Post
                    This winter I couldn't find my winter gloves so I headed to work with my normal pair. It was like 10 degrees out and every traffic light I would stick my hands into the open vents of the fairing to warm them up. Well I got one of my backpacks chest secure buckles caught in that space between the gas tank and the seat and couldn't bring my chest up off the gas-tank when the light turned green. I had to wave people around me until I could pull over and actually unlatch my seat.

This is funny...

Comment

Originally posted by JIB View Post
                      This is funny...
                      hahaha +1

Comment

Working...
                      X