X

Cherry red katana has my though proccess fired up

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cherry red katana has my though proccess fired up

Hello I am having a lot of trouble with my 93 Katana 600, It will only start if I spray gas into the carbs or cover the carbs with my hand but only for a few seconds. It had sat for awhile when I bought so I cleaned the carbs, every piece and every orphice. Checked the petcock to see if gas was coming out of both feed ends, and it was, then checked to see if it had vacuum and yes thats working also. I even poured gas into the float bowls to attempt to prime it but no difference was made. Could anyone give me some advice, ideas, or send me in the right direction?? I would really appreciate it!

Originally posted by countryboy91 View Post
    Hello I am having a lot of trouble with my 93 Katana 600, It will only start if I spray gas into the carbs or cover the carbs with my hand but only for a few seconds. It had sat for awhile when I bought so I cleaned the carbs, every piece and every orphice. Checked the petcock to see if gas was coming out of both feed ends, and it was, then checked to see if it had vacuum and yes thats working also. I even poured gas into the float bowls to attempt to prime it but no difference was made. Could anyone give me some advice, ideas, or send me in the right direction?? I would really appreciate it!
    Sure... your carbs were not correctly cleaned/repaired.

If you care to explain in detail exactly how you cleaned them, we can point you in the direction of what went wrong.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

What he said. Your carbs aren't clean. No matter how well you thought you cleaned them, the results say otherwise. Visit the wiki (link at the top of the page) and search for "carbs 101".
      Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
      HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Working...
      X