X

94 Katana GSX600F Starting issues

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
    The pro tool is around $100 or so. I strongly suggest you get one if your planning on keeping and working on the bike.

In the short term, you can make a bottle version with parts locally for around $5.

Krey
    Ok how would u make this home aid tool I have a 94 gsx600f as well 4 carbs

Did u ever get the bike running and how do u set the timing on the 94 gsx600f katana please let me know I'm not sure how to set it thank
    Last edited by Owenjames2015; 02-09-2017, 10:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Timing is fixed, no setting can be done.
      Can't get it to run right? Find a trick to add HP?
      From the first oil change to completely rebuilding the engine,
      this is the place to talk about the heart of the beast!

Last edited by 92xjunker; 02-10-2017, 09:57 AM.
      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
      spammer police
      USAF veteran
      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
        My recomendation... If your going to do it yourself more than once, buy the guages. If not... well, I can't find a reason NOT to use the setup I made.
        Krey

So I purchased a four, dial-gauge synchronizing tool with blue mounting panel for $54 shipped. It wasn't until after I got it did I realize there is no way to calibrate the individual analog gauges to one another. I was going to use my hand vacuum pump to test each of the four gauges and notate their differences (if any) to be able to scale the readings so that they are all the same... Does this make sense? Am I way over-thinking this? Do I just take for granted that the gauges will all react the same with respect to one another.....and the actual vacuum?
        2004 KTM 525 EXC
        2004 KTM 200 EXC
        1990 Suzuki GSX600F
        1978-1/2 AMF/H-D Low Rider 1200

Comment

Originally posted by dnelli View Post
          So I purchased a four, dial-gauge synchronizing tool with blue mounting panel for $54 shipped. It wasn't until after I got it did I realize there is no way to calibrate the individual analog gauges to one another. I was going to use my hand vacuum pump to test each of the four gauges and notate their differences (if any) to be able to scale the readings so that they are all the same... Does this make sense? Am I way over-thinking this? Do I just take for granted that the gauges will all react the same with respect to one another.....and the actual vacuum?
          They just won't work well for what you want to do.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
          X