• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire Pressure?

What tire pressure should i be running on the Kat

I have stock size front and rear sizes

Tires are Michelin Pilot Road 3

i'm heavy so i'm not looking at dragging a knee either...

any help would be appreciated

I think 32f/36r. The measurement is on the chain side of my swing arm. I'm at work now though, so I can't see it.
    Extra life.

Comment

Originally posted by UncleBuck View Post
      What tire pressure should i be running on the Kat

I have stock size front and rear sizes

Tires are Michelin Pilot Road 3

i'm heavy so i'm not looking at dragging a knee either...

any help would be appreciated

In part, it's personal preference.

The tires will have "max psi" listed on them. Generally speaking it's probably around 41 or 45 psi as max.

Higher load, higher psi.

Longer tire life = higher psi, better traction = lower psi.

Most tires can be set up at around 36 front, 38 rear and be a good all around psi choice. You may choose to adjust slightly depending on your preference and use. If your highway only, then higher... curves and spirited ride, a little lower for grip.

Read the tires you have to learn what they have specified. You can also visit the tire manufacture's website for more detailed info.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

honestly ive tried both high and low on these tires , I cant say I feel any more ore less grip on the kat. but I have noticed a big difference in wear when running low on them. I am ok with 34/36 on them on two up or highwayriding I go 41 on rear. I dont see the point in going lowe then 34/36 though. ive had my knee down on both 31/33 and 35/38 and they are sluggish at 31/33 without gaining any more grip. im on my 4th of pr3 set now btw.

and here I am doing the ultimate tire test everyone should do
        Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
        2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Originally posted by mammut89 View Post
          and here I am doing the ultimate tire test everyone should do
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2q7ssa8Y9f0
          Rubber!!!
          Extra life.

Comment

Perfect,

Thanks for the answers guys, really appreciated

Comment

Working...