X

weighted clip ons

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weighted clip ons

long ride. vibration. stuffed bars with lead weights and expanding foam, ordered heaver bar ends.

question: since i couldnt find any lead bird shot nearby, I smashed up some larger egg-shaped lead fishing weights, filled the gaps with some smaller weights, and shot some expanding foam in there. Do yuo think this would be any less effective than stuffing them with BB sized lead weights, or does it matter?

seems to be a little better already, and im sure it will improve once i can get a proper synch on it and put the heavier bar ends on.

but in the meantime, do you think adding about 10 ounces on each side is as good as the smaller pellets?
    previous rides
    06 kat 600, 04 Triumph ST Streetfighter, 07 Vstar 1100, 03 GSXR 750, 03 Hayabusa, 07 SV 1000 , 02 Bandit 1200s, Current ride - 07 Roadliner 1900,
    next ride - another kat

Personally, I won't stop trying to figure out the best band-aid fix and sync the carbs properly. That's why it's vibrating so much.

Comment

doggone it, amigo i told you i've got the Morgan on the way. i was hoping it would be here today, but probably tomorrow. but even after the synch, im still going to want to reduce any vibration as much as possible.

are you telling me there wont be any after the synch? thatd be awesome
      Last edited by edromero; 03-25-2013, 08:39 PM.
      previous rides
      06 kat 600, 04 Triumph ST Streetfighter, 07 Vstar 1100, 03 GSXR 750, 03 Hayabusa, 07 SV 1000 , 02 Bandit 1200s, Current ride - 07 Roadliner 1900,
      next ride - another kat

Comment

I'm telling you after you sync the carbs, vibration will not be an issue.

Comment

after I synced mine it went from a 500lb vibrator to being smooth as glass
          94 kat 600 RIP
          97 vfr 750 ride on

Comment

Sweet. Well it didn't come today either. Damn I hate waiting for stuff in the mail
            previous rides
            next ride - another kat

Comment

Working...
            X