X

Question on throttle cable and bolts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on throttle cable and bolts

Ive owned my Kat for awhile and been a member for awhile here. To get to the point my 93 600 gsxr hasnt run in 2 years and partially the problem is reassembling it. I am having the most difficult time with the actual throttle cable where it attaches to the handle bar grip and cant find correct information on how it is suppose to be wired in I have a Clymer but it is pretty useless for this. I also just got a Haynes manual but havent had a chance to getit by mail yet.Does anyone know of where a diagram is or a sepertate manual I can download for better specifications? I am also having a difficult time making sure the correct bolts are going in the correctholes. I know Suzuki has software that has all thebolts and parts listed but I simply am at a loss other then calling them repetedly andasking what is suppose to be screwed in where. please help I really want to get this bike back on the road.
    Last edited by krazykatana; 03-22-2013, 06:10 PM.

I don't really understand the question. You mean the housing, or
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

the actual throttle cable where it attaches to the handle bar grip its where you take off the end cap of the handlebar. THe metel cablwe winds around a plastic piece inside of thethrottle grip
      Attached Files
      Last edited by krazykatana; 03-22-2013, 08:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by krazykatana View Post
        the actual throttle cable where it attaches to the handle bar grip its where you take off the end cap of the handlebar. THe metel cablwe winds around a plastic piece inside of thethrottle grip

Open the pod.

Feed the cable end through the bottom part of the pod. The small metal tab with hole is for the screw that holds the pod together to go through, and hold the cable casing to the pod when put back together.

With the cable sticking through the pod, put it on the throttle tube like you have it, with the cable going away from you.

Place tube into the pod. Put cover on pod. Put the 2 screws in and tighten in position you want the pod.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
          ...With the cable sticking through the pod, put it on the throttle tube like you have it, with the cable going away from you....
          Correct me if I'm wrong, Krey (not quite awake yet) but I think the cable needs to go to the other hole in the grip. The photo shows the cable attached to the hole used for a throttle return cable (not used on 88-97 Kats).
          Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
          HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

It'll only work correctly in one position

Sent from my Galaxy S3
            -Steve

sigpic
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
            Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

I'm seeing it's in the right hole. Furtherest away from the rider, and as you twist your turning the top towards you to pull the cable... so that should be the right hole.

*I took a tripple take to rethink it through myself... *

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Yeah, you're right. More coffee.

I just didn't want the guy driving himself nuts trying to get things to go together with a simple mistake.
                Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Thank you so much... It seems like such a simple thing to do but no instructions on how to properly do it ... Think I got it hough from this info...

Comment

Glad it sounds like you figured it out! Just checking, did you lube up your cable before installing it?
                    1998 Katana 750
                    1992 Katana 1100
                    2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

sure did.... the main issue which put my bike up for 2 years was a stupid stuck choke cable.... I wont let that happen again lol

Comment

Working...
                      X