No announcement yet.
X

Cheap but cool mods????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good point Teddy, I've just reconsidered. With everyone out to hit you, you need to stay visible as possible...
    "So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God."
    1 Corinthians 10:31
    sigpic

Comment

It's alright.

I always ride with my high beams on so i'm visible. It's not as dark as it looks there isn't a lot of coats. I also have purple LEDs so people see me more at night. And I did not sand anything just cleaned them up a little first.

It's also not illegal in my area. I see it all the time.
      Last edited by AnthonyKanatuna; 03-15-2013, 03:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

No offense Anthony, im with Teddy on this. It does look sweet but not a good idea at all. Just cuz you see it all the time does NOT mean its legal lol. I dont know about Florida but in NY the purple leds would be illegal. Ultimately its your bike and LIFE so do what you want but just really think about it for your sake. I wouldn't take the leds out cuz regardless of the law I believe it will help you more than hurt you. The tinted headlight...not so much.

Either way, nice work!
        94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

I'm a chicken strip what can I say.

Ride or die.

Comment

If you want to become more than a chicken strip you should listen to the advice offered. High beam always?? Really. Have some consideration for other road users. Dazzling / blinding an on-coming driver can still get you hit and he would have 0 visibility of your tinted indicators.

Comment

My lights aren't bright at all.

And my signals look the same. Light shines through the paint that's what it's made for. You guys are downers.

Comment

No just trying to forewarn you so you have at least been warned. We all do dumb stuff lol but there always has to be someone to remind you how stupid it is
                94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

I did the nightshades on the front turn signals. I like the look but it REALLY cuts down the light. I cannot imagine doing it to the headlight. IMHO.

PS - I am a big fan of rim strips. cheap and blingy..see my garage
                  Last edited by PepeBouchard; 03-15-2013, 08:06 PM. Reason: typos
                  sigpic
                  Pepe Bouchard

Comment

We're downers? I've been hit by a cager who claimed he didn't see me. I know several others who have had similar instances, and have read of no less than 2 in the last week killed by motorists who "didn't see" the person on the bike. Downers? nah. Realists? yep.

I know how nightshades works man, I have used it before. I realize the light still shines through, but it is DIMMED. Your high beam is basically now just a misaligned low beam at best, and you have no high beam whatsoever. You are putting yourself at more risk by riding your bike with a dimmed headlight, that's all I am trying to get through your head. Excuse the hell out of me for being concerned about a brother biker's safety. I'm out...

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
                    You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

I got hit from the side at 94 mph by a 700+ lb feral hog when I was riding my Ninja 650 one night. It did a lot of damage to the left fairing, but I was able to JB Weld it back, except for a chunk just smaller than a door knob. The piece was gone.

I took a hole saw (attaches to drill) and cut a perfectly round hole there around the missing piece area. Then I glued mesh to the underside, but pushed it out in a hemispherical shape. I painted the fairing to match the rest of the bike, and then carefully pinstriped a circle around the new "vent". It looked way cool and my friends thought it was factory.
                      Pretty groovy.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Working...
                      X