No announcement yet.
X

how often do i need to clean my carbs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how often do i need to clean my carbs?

How often do I need need to clean the carbs on my bike. I got them cleaned about August of last month.. but I have been riding everyday .. since I owned the bike ..
    "Oh I will tag you back !!"

never if you use your bike every day like you did.
    2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Ah.... Hmmmm..... Well I know I got them cleaned at one point .. I am trying to figure out why it feels like it don't wanna go at 3500 -4500 rpm .. plugs, air filter , oil have been changed ..

Comment

Mine was bogging down at the 4k range and turned out to be the carbs, as the bike had been sitting for quite awhile

Comment

Did you try Seafoam like I suggested in another thread?
          sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
          ------------------------------------------
          89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
          96 YZF 1000R

Comment

If they were cleaned properly and you ride every day, you should be good for a looooong time. A rusty gas tank can throw crap into your carbs and clog them, or letting the gas in the carb bowls evaporate out and leaving behind a layer of varnish will screw with them. But if you're riding all the time, your carbs should be staying relatively clean.
            Not saying they CAN'T get dirty, just that they are less likely too. All said and done though, lookup either carbs 101 (pre) or carbs 102 (post) and clean them yourself, seems like most people on here who pay to have them cleaned end up redoing it themselves better than the mechanic who did a half ass job the 1st time.
            1998 Katana 750
            1992 Katana 1100
            2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

How long does it take to clean the carbs ..

Comment

[ame="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190729291498&ssPageNam e=STRK:MESE:IT"]carburetors carbs Suzuki GSX600F Katana 600 98-06[/ame]
                You'll have them by Tuesday at the latest.

Comment

Wait if I got them rebuilt last time then all i gotta do is clean them right ?

Comment

You paid to have them rebuilt and now you need to clean them? Yeah, I'd trust they replaced anything.

Comment

Working...
                    X