X

general question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• general question

Yesterday I did an oil change , air filter, and new plugs. But my bike seems like its bogged down at 4k rpm. then its fine after that .. I was wondering would it ok to go back down to 87 grade in fuel to clear up that bogging .. and would that also foul out the new plugs?
    "Oh I will tag you back !!"

make sure that all hoses are connected to airbox, including the drain hose(hose is plugged at bottom) you did use a stock air filter, right?
    Last edited by KAT TOY; 02-27-2013, 06:50 PM.
    never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Yes its the stock OEM filter..

Comment

Why are you using anything other than 87 to start with?
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I thought i would run a tank to kinda clean things up a little bit . Then go back to 87 ?

Comment

Depends on what gas you're using - most higher grade octane doesn't have additional cleaners. Shell premium does, but even their 87 runs more cleaners than a lot of other places. Octane rating has to do with engine knocking, not cleaning ability.
            Good luck getting your issue sorted out!
            1998 Katana 750
            1992 Katana 1100
            2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Working...
            X