X

Said goodbye to my Kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Said goodbye to my Kat

Well, yesterday, I said goodbye to my Katana. Had her since the end of 2007 riding season and put a TON of work into her to make her a one of a kind machine! Very few people got to see her, but when you did, you couldnt forget it! She served me well and it was time to let someone else enjoy her.
    Last edited by GSXF 600 Guy; 12-02-2012, 11:42 AM. Reason: Oopsies....
    If you think routine maintenance is expensive,... Try Ignorance!

So...now what? New bike? What kind?
    ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
    チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
    Semper Fi

Comment

Good attitude and like Scout said "What next?"
      I didn't sell my Kat till I had another bike in the stable.:bunny2
      Blackdog
      DRz-400e plated
      Blue 05 750 (sold, sob)

Comment

sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
        ------------------------------------------
        89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
        96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Ok actually had purchaced a 2000 CBR F4 as a trackbike back in Feb. Seemed to be a good choice, but since the Kat sat mostlg all year long (85% of the season) it was time go make ghat hard choice since I only really need one. I would of loved to keep both, but I wasnt one of the lucky ones to hit the 500million lotto! Lol
          I still will obviously be a member of the site and frequent it when I get a chance.

Comment

Interesting.......all of us on this thread so far have had Kats.
            89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
            96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
              I''l break the trend- I got a '11 C14 last year, I still drive my kat 1100, drove it to work last week. I have had this bike since '98 and will have no intention of getting rid of it.
              Anyone else owned their bike for 14 years???

Comment

Goodbye is always hard, till you ride anything else
                90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                Originally posted by soulless kaos
                but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I seriously wouldn't mind taking some nostalgia out........
                  [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRkdsnwyI2Q"]2012 Norton Commando 961 Cafe Racer Motorcycle - YouTube[/ame]
                  89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                  96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
                    ill add myself to that list. 2 years and 7 bikes ago, i couldnt wait to get rid of my kat and "move up" to something else.

Now I can't wait to get it back
                    previous rides
                    06 kat 600, 04 Triumph ST Streetfighter, 07 Vstar 1100, 03 GSXR 750, 03 Hayabusa, 07 SV 1000 , 02 Bandit 1200s, Current ride - 07 Roadliner 1900,
                    next ride - another kat

Comment

I will say, if I do go ahead and decide down the road to get another bike, it will be a 98-01 Katana 750!

Originally posted by DClark View Post
                      I''l break the trend- I got a '11 C14 last year, I still drive my kat 1100, drove it to work last week. I have had this bike since '98 and will have no intention of getting rid of it.
                      Anyone else owned their bike for 14 years???
                      I actually do know someone who has had thier bike for 30+ years. Still runs!
                      Last edited by GSXF 600 Guy; 12-04-2012, 01:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

ive had my 05 a little less than a year now . got it at 9200 miles and now it has 16+. rode it to work today but its getting a iar filter and plugs soon . probably over the x mas holliday as i have 12 straight days off. ill get rid of the kat one of these days but now i just want to ride it .
                        im an american proud and free , a son of the south dont tread on me.

Comment

I still have a Kat (11,000ish miles away), and I can say with all sincerity that, after now owning a 2001 R6, I miss and adore the ergonomics of my Katana badly. The power in the R6 is nice, but what makes me not a giant fan is the fact that I cant steer it like my Katana, mainly due to when I try to make tight, slow turns, my forearms hit the gas tank, preventing me from turning the bars to their potential. The tank is way to flared out for my liking. Also, my ass and knees get sore after riding for 30 minutes. That didnt happen on my Kat.
                          ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
                          チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
                          Semper Fi

Comment

Working...
                          X