X

where and what needed?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where and what needed?

So if I tackle the valve adjustment and carb sync, what special tools do I need and where is a good/cheap place to get them from? The shop wants 3-4 hours so about 300 bucks. I consider myself an average guy when it come to mechanics. I think this is a job I can learn.
    2004 Honda ST1300
    1999 Katana 750 (sold)

cheap and good are two different things.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
      cheap and good are two different things.
      The internet is a good and cheap place to get things... it's both.
      Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
      Tony
      94 Katana 600

Comment

Valve adjustment just requires some feeler gauges, carb sync manometer is like $100.
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by il_ragazzo View Post
          The internet is a good and cheap place to get things... it's both.
          True, you can get CHEAP stuff, or you can get GOOD stuff. Just not good and cheap stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
            Valve adjustment just requires some feeler gauges, carb sync manometer is like $100.
            Feeler gauges? In that similar to the tool that measures spark plug gap?

Sync manometer - it looks like a big vacuum guage to me. Which on line is a good source?

I realize cheap and good are subjective words. Just looking for the tools that will do the job every few years. I will spend a lot on a tool that i'll use regularly, I just hate to tie up a lot on a once every few years tool.
            2004 Honda ST1300
            1999 Katana 750 (sold)

Comment

$300 would kit you out easily then you don't have to spend that $300 again.

Metric spanner and socket set
              Adjustable wrench or buy individual larger sockets / spanners if not in your sets
              Torque wrench - optional if you can control your testosterone
              Metric Hex keys
              Feeler gauge
              Manometer
              ThreeBond

Comment

Working...
              X