Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Is the "2nd air" injector system necessary?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the "2nd air" injector system necessary?

Does the "2nd air" system improve the engine's performance or is it there just for EPA requirements. On my Kawi Vulcan all it seems to do is make more decel popping after the V&H exhaust was put on, many Vulcan riders plug or remove the system. I'm planning for a slip-on for next Spring.

Only CA bikes have it. Either the other 49 states got screwed or it's just an EPA thing. I'm going with option 2.

Comment

Rip it off and plug it up, its for CA emissions.
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Does anyone make block-off plates for the front of the engine when the smog stuff is removed?

Comment

Probably not. But with an angle grinder, drill and some scrap plate aluminium you can probably make your own quite easily. That's what I've done with several cars over the years when I removed the ridiculous EGR system.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronmold View Post
            Does anyone make block-off plates for the front of the engine when the smog stuff is removed?

I've seen on ebay for $40+ before.

I made my own with basic materials from any hardware store (ace, lowes, etc...) for under $10.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Which Vulcan??

Comment

Doesnt dale walker sell sets of blockoff plates?

I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffer949 View Post
                  Which Vulcan??
                  Haven't done it to my Vulcan 88 yet, that's next Spring. I'm asking about my '06 Kat.

Comment

pretty sure Holeshot performance has a kit
                    Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Yes they have it, thanks!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rexazz2 View Post
                        pretty sure Holeshot performance has a kit
                        http://www.holeshot.com/
                        I thought so.

Comment

Originally posted by TRPUT View Post
                          Probably not. But with an angle grinder, drill and some scrap plate aluminium you can make your own quite easily ...
                          There. Fixed it.

Comment

OK, $50 isn't that bad for the plates but I'm cheap and have MIG in my garage and I wanted it done quickly. I removed the air system, cut the stock pipes off 3/16" above the flanges, and zapped them with the MIG.
                            I then tested for leaks, cleaned them up & gave them a coat of black epoxy paint. The Kat just don't need all that plumbing.

block off plate.jpg
                            block off plates.jpg

Comment

Working...
                            X