X

Carb help??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb help??

i have a 94 600 if you are sitting on the bike the 2 right carbs work fine but the left one dont drink the gas i cleaned all of them but nothing on the left ones (i do not have the tank on im just filling up the lines (new lines and filters ) i did noticea small brass like line on the side of the carb but dont know what it is for and if that is what is gumed up or what a little help or some carb cleaning tips would help alot
    P.S. i can get the bike to run off the 2 carbs for a min

Check the service manual plus I would reccomend use some sea foam to clean a lil bit this lines

Comment

take out the filters, your bike can't use them.
      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
      spammer police
      USAF veteran
      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by katana7500 View Post
        i have a 94 600 if you are sitting on the bike the 2 right carbs work fine but the left one dont drink the gas i cleaned all of them but nothing on the left ones (i do not have the tank on im just filling up the lines (new lines and filters ) i did noticea small brass like line on the side of the carb but dont know what it is for and if that is what is gumed up or what a little help or some carb cleaning tips would help alot
        P.S. i can get the bike to run off the 2 carbs for a min

The brass tubes on the side are for the starter jet. Also known as the fuel enrichment system, or "choke".

I don't think my idea of clean and your idea of clean match up. You need to clean the carbs...

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

so my bike was not designed to use filters what if i get a pair of high flow filters just in case

Comment

They'll make your bike run improperly and not filter out the small stuff your trying to filter out. But by all means, suit yourself.

Comment

Carbs 101 in the wiki is you friend. Use it.
              When all else fails get a bigger hammer

Comment

Working...
              X