X

600 kat MPG? FP stage 1 jet kit MPG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 600 kat MPG? FP stage 1 jet kit MPG?

Just wondering what kind of MPG the pre cats get? basically stock motor/carbs and no jet kit with a full exhaust and 3-4* timing advance, Idle A/F screws at about 3 turns?

and How much does something like a FP stage 1 jet kit affect things?
    1990 TURBO Kat 600 G15 hidden turbo 12psi
    fender eliminator w/led integrated tail light
    55w dual HID bixenon projector w/halo, blue lighting
    R6 shock, Custom billet mirrors, oil temp/boost gauges
    Post rim swap 170/120 tires, EBC pads/rotors, G&J lines

44mgp avg with normal riding. Getting on it alot drops that... only highway raises that.

Jetkit has nominal change if properly setup. Jetkit doesn't make it use more fuel over all, it smooths the fuel delivery out over the RPMs so that you have a smoother running bike... Unless you do lots of mods to try and make it a track monster.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Mine is a post 600, so this might not be relevant, but I have all those mods except for the exhaust. 43 mpg when taking it easy, never lower then 35 even when beating the crap out of it....

Comment

I rode my 2005 750 this weekend in the mountains and got 47.3

Comment

I got about 40mpg from my 93 600 with full yoshi uni air filter and 14/50 gearing.
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Working...
          X