No announcement yet.
X

Oil change then the Sh** hit the fan.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would look at the clutch hub nut. If it is loose all kinds of noise can happen. I wouldn't ride it until I determined if that is the problem. If it is loose enough it could tear up the cover and/or crankcases and could also stop driving the oil pump.

Comment

hope you get it sorted out. i would like to know for future reference what the sound is ... good luck
      im an american proud and free , a son of the south dont tread on me.

Comment

Originally posted by 41 Redhawk View Post
        I would look at the clutch hub nut. If it is loose all kinds of noise can happen. I wouldn't ride it until I determined if that is the problem. If it is loose enough it could tear up the cover and/or crankcases and could also stop driving the oil pump.
        Had to ride 134miles back home with this noise. After all that she is about the same in loud wise but happens all the time. I have not gotten back on her yet and I have another bike I'm trying to clean up and sell for a family member. I'll have to post pictures later of that big hog. As for the clutch anyone happen to know if the pre and post are the same? I still have a great clutch pin my old engine but not sure if I can swap. That's if it's the clutch.

Comment

Originally posted by 95GSX600noob View Post
          Had to ride 134miles back home with this noise. After all that she is about the same in loud wise but happens all the time. I have not gotten back on her yet and I have another bike I'm trying to clean up and sell for a family member. I'll have to post pictures later of that big hog. As for the clutch anyone happen to know if the pre and post are the same? I still have a great clutch pin my old engine but not sure if I can swap. That's if it's the clutch.
          I gather you didn't take any advice. Good luck .... I hope you're riding again soon.
          sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
          ------------------------------------------
          89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
          96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
            I gather you didn't take any advice. Good luck .... I hope you're riding again soon.
            I'm taking all the info everyone is giving me. As for driving it that was the day I posted this. I have not been on her since. I'll get around to fixing it just don't have the free time right now.

Comment

man, you got all this started to get us on the edge of our seats and you quit working on it??
              "Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."

Comment

Not quitting on it just wanna know where to look first. It will get a look over soon, found out I might close on my house on the 14th and need to get my ducks in a row before I can play with the bike at all.

Comment

Heck ya man! Sounds like a good plan. I was just messin with ya anyhow. mmmm home buying.... Dont miss that at all! lol! good luck and hope all works out for you bud.
                  "Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."

Comment

Originally posted by Snapp600 View Post
                    mmmm home buying.... Dont miss that at all! lol!
                    I'm almost about ready to go rent a place vs buying a house!! Every other day the lender needs something and there pushing my closing back more and more , I think this will be the last house I ever buy .

Comment

I know the thread is old but what was it?

Comment

Still don't know for sure. Might find out next Monday after I move in to my house and have a little space to pull the bike apart and really dig in to it.

Comment

Get to the garage and tinker with it .:bunny2

Comment

Working...
                          X