No announcement yet.
X

My 05 600 is no more.. :(

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow. you are one lucky fella to come outta that without much damage to yourself. that car looks like it hit a transport or a 1/2 ton truck. not a bike! you bike, other than the exhaust doesnt look to bad tho. tho i cant see the other pic. glad your ok and willing to saddle up again
    if all else fails......... Get a hammer

parting out my 89 Kat 750

Comment

that is crazy
      ----USMC combat vet----
      07 Yamaha r6s & 93 Kat streetfighter project

Comment

Wow. Glad you made it. That rear wheel looks bad, and I would guess is what caused the damage to her front left wheel. You are certainly lucky.

Comment

oops.. I thought you were talking about my front wheel.. her front was probrably done by my rear...

the front wheel was probrably due to it hitting the guard rail on the left hand side- there is a small round mark and my tankbag was laying near it. I was told the bike hit the truck in front of me (it might have been me...I don't know) and then went to the left to the guard rail then spinning until it stopped.. I keep mentally seeing the accident today- I can't get it out of my head.
          Luckily my wife is ok with me getting another bike... and if the bike is still there, it will be an 06 GSXR 1000 in black silver and chrome.
          Last edited by DoyleDee; 08-30-2012, 12:55 PM. Reason: can't read right..lol
          Horn broken--watch for finger....

Comment

Sweet choice good luck with it and hopefully you don't have it happen again.
            1995 Suzuki Katana 750 (Undergoing changes)
            1982 Honda GL500 Silverwing(Sold)
            Project Death Machine (Custom built reverse trike by me)

Comment

sv has that vtwin grunt and power tho...

Comment

Originally posted by garbagekid View Post
                sv has that vtwin grunt and power tho...
                GSXR makes significantly more power, just fyi...the SV1k makes the same power as a GSXR750, just more torque.

I vote for the SV, more hooligan fun.
                90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                Originally posted by soulless kaos
                but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Glad to hear your gear did its job. Another reason why I wish more states would adapt the California lane splitting policy. When I lived there I was never behind a car, always in the middle of the lane of traffic even at a stop. Cagers are too distracted, with all the gadgets that come in the newer cages let alone the phones with the texting and talking. Get well soon!

Comment

It looks like your bike faired better than her car in the accident. Glad you're OK. Go with the Gix.
                    =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Working...
                    X