X

I made a video of wheelies on my Kat today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I made a video of wheelies on my Kat today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_d6...ayer_embedded#!

Not many videos of ppl doing wheelies on a Katana.. you would almost think it isn't possible. I am running a 600 swing arm which makes it a little easier to get the front up. It's about 1.5'' shorter.

Super cool brah
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

It looks like fun. I hope you don't get any tickets or road rash.
      1998 Suzuki GSX750 Katana
      1980 Suzuki GS450ET
      1977 Honda XL125

Comment

go ahead and buy fork seals now. only use genuine Suzuki seals.
        never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Originally posted by KAT TOY View Post
          go ahead and buy fork seals now. only use genuine Suzuki seals.
          +100
          http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
          http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
          '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
          "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
          "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

I replaced the fork seals and they still leak when I wheelie.. I don't remember if I used OEM or not. I think I did.. is there no cure for this? I've seen my dad fix seals before by shortening the spring on the seals..

Comment

I think the best part of your video is just past 1/2 way when you see to the left of you the shadow of your wheelie on the road. Glad you chose some deserted back road instead of in town. Nice !!
              Do the thing you fear most, and the Death of fear is most certain.

Comment

Ya pretty cool dude. Don't see many Kats do that. Did you change sprocket as well?

Comment

Gearing is stock. The bike being street fightered helps as well. I weighed the stock headlight.fairing stay, cluster all that stuff and it was pretty dang heavy. The street fighter headlight I'm running is plastic rather than glass. I also deleted the center stand.. went to 4-1 exhaust & K&N. I bought a SV650 subframe and tail section. Plan to do a tail swap soon. May swap on a busa front end if I can get one cheap enough.. The bike is only worth about $1k so I'm trying to be careful what I spend on it. As it sits, I have less than $400 in the whole thing. I paid $120 for it, not running. Cleaned the carbs up and got it going.

Comment

Ditto on the shadow part of vid.. .you seem to put it back down on front wheel real smooth and easy.
                    But safety should always be first. Nice job on all of it !!
                    "The two most powerful warriors are patience and time!" - Tolstoy

Comment

The best cure for leaking fork seals, is to not wheelie.
                      -Steve

sigpic
                      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Nice!

Comment

I call CG (Computer Graphics)! Everyone knows that Kat's can't wheelie, right?

Nice work - shifting through gears like you do tells me that this isn't the first bike that you've wheelied..
                          sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
                          1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
                          2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
                          First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
                          Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

Cool..

Comment

Nice clutch work son, you got that 750 standing tall

Comment

Working...
                              X