X

Levers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Levers

Finally got around to ordering a set of levers for the Kat...

Ordered these:

my Brake lever was bent... and i wanted to change it...

haven't seen any pics of the levers on KR so here you go...

tools wise, you need 1x10mm socket & ratchet, 1x10mm nut driver, 8mm socket and a flat screwdriver

the fit/finish is nice...

so it went from this:

to this:

very cool. now i'll know what mine will look like. im gunna be ordering me a set now. thanks soo much for the pics!

Comment

Wow, that's a huge aesthetic improvement over stock
      Extra life.

Comment

the blue isn't identical to the blue that the Kat is... it's much lighter...

also noticed both you guys have the front stock signals... the smoke ones are a nice change and really clean the look up of the bike...

next mod is gonna be painting the windscreen black...

Comment

You know they make both a smoke and a dark smoke windscreen. Those look a lot better then spray painting your stock one.

Comment

yes i do...

honestly, i don't want to spend $100 to get a black one...

i'm 6'6 so i'd need the sport touring one and i think it'll look stupid on the bike...

so if i'm not getting the functionality out of it, i don't feel like spending the $$$

spray bomb rebuild it is...

Comment

The turn signal does look cleaner, but I actually like my yellow signals. Preferences do change though. We'll see in a couple months. Are you also thinking about chopping that rear fender? Talk about cleaning up the look
              Extra life.

Comment

i as well like the look of the smoked turn signals, hoping im going to be getting a set for Christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by UncleBuck View Post
                  yes i do...

honestly, i don't want to spend $100 to get a black one...

i'm 6'6 so i'd need the sport touring one and i think it'll look stupid on the bike...

so if i'm not getting the functionality out of it, i don't feel like spending the $$$

spray bomb rebuild it is...
                  I agree with you on this one. I'm only 5' 9" and my windshield is chrome (came on the bike when I bought it) and I can't see through mine either. It hasn't bothered me yet but eventually I'll change it out for a black shield.

Just a tip, spray the clear shield from the rear for better results. That way the paint won't chip or get bugs embedded into it. That's what they do for color matched bug guards on vehicles. Krylon Fusion paint is a great paint for plastics. Just mask off the front and have at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pugga View Post
                    Just a tip, spray the clear shield from the rear for better results. That way the paint won't chip or get bugs embedded into it. That's what they do for color matched bug guards on vehicles. Krylon Fusion paint is a great paint for plastics. Just mask off the front and have at it.
                    Any prep work before painting required?

my plan was to wipe it down with rubbing alcohol, then start painting...

Is a clear coat required after painting?

Comment

Minimal prep work required with that paint. I've painted with this stuff without any sanding and it's held up for years, I just gave it a good cleaning and a wipe with an alcohol pad. Since you're painting the backside of the windshield, a clear coat is your call. I would just for the added protection but, in theory, there shouldn't really be any wear on the back of the shield.

Comment

those are nice levers ive been thinking about getting a set of them but you coulda got them cheaper off of ebay

Comment

Originally posted by jkurzz View Post
                          those are nice levers ive been thinking about getting a set of them but you coulda got them cheaper off of ebay
                          They're like $35, how much cheaper do you need
                          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                          Originally posted by soulless kaos
                          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                            They're like $35, how much cheaper do you need
                            This is KR, do you really want to ask that question? I bet not a one of these cheap ridaz know what brand those Chinese knockoffs are supposed to look like.

Comment

I painted my windshield black because the po didn't remove the fairings while patching up the paintwork, so I had to sand them anyway. Slightly sanded with 600, cleaned and sprayed both sides (when I held it up against the light there were speckles after I only painted one side). I also cleared it because I had a 1/4 can of clear left from the paint job.
                              Open your mind, freedom's a state.

sigpic

When in doubt, lean more.

Comment

Working...
                              X