Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
    Why wouldnt you just drop the header? It only takes a few more minutes.
    I needed to have everything bolted up to get it right. I can take it appart now and pretty up the welds. I don't have any new exhaust header to cylinder head exhaust gaskets. Is it likely to leak re-using the same gaskets?
    1998 Suzuki GSX750 Katana
    1980 Suzuki GS450ET
    1977 Honda XL125

Comment

Actually smart ***, most of the bikes that are tuned and proven on my dyno (with afr sniffer) go on to prove themselves at the dragstrip !

And also on the tracks across the country!

Comment

Originally posted by Rare83Kat View Post
        Actually smart ***, most of the bikes that are tuned and proven on my dyno (with afr sniffer) go on to prove themselves at the dragstrip !

www.marrsperformance.com
        What's smart? You lost me...
        1980 Suzuki GS450ET
        1977 Honda XL125

Comment

www.marrsperformance.com
          Yes, because exhausts are what win drag races...

Brocks does make quality stuff, their high power pipes take away a lot of ground clearance though so are pretty useless.
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

www.marrsperformance.com
            No duder, I meant the STREET. You know the place where you shift through the gears, and go 35 MPH sometimes? But I digress, I'm sure you know a whole lot more about CV carbs than I do.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
              Yes, because exhausts are what win drag races...

Brocks does make quality stuff, their high power pipes take away a lot of ground clearance though so are pretty useless.
              Exhausts are but ONE part of the equation for getting the most out of a well built performance engine.
              I know what I'm talking about arsenic. I've been building horsepower a long time, probably while were still ****ting green.
              We use Brock pipes on a lot of top gas and pro street bikes.

So stop trolling me "SON"

vty,
              Jon
              Last edited by Rare83Kat; 08-03-2012, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Exiled View Post
                That's actually kinda cool. Although its huge can hanging off the bike but you did it yourself and I think that's awesome. How's the sound ?
                I haven't heard this one yet. The fuel tank is off the bike and battery is out. I listened to some gixxer 1000's on youtube racing on a track and it sounded pretty good. I wanted good performance without a lot of noise (DBA's) and a low price. There are lots of these mufflers for sale on ebay. It bolted right up which was nice. On the muffler it states that the rating is 80 DBA- not very loud. I'm sure it's not as growly as the TBR carbon fibre and it does weigh a few pounds more but it's not very heavy.
                1980 Suzuki GS450ET
                1977 Honda XL125

Comment

Just on a side note if some of our "supporting members" want to have a ****ing contest with people please do so in a pm. I'm on this site to hear what people have done to there bikes and to expand my knowledge on motorcycles as im a wyotech grad. I dont want to hear how awesome you are or how stupid everyone else is. If you have knowledge about the subject please express it without putting others down. Thank you

Originally posted by Surviverguy View Post
                  I haven't heard this one yet. The fuel tank is off the bike and battery is out. I listened to some gixxer 1000's on youtube racing on a track and it sounded pretty good. I wanted good performance without a lot of noise (DBA's) and a low price. There are lots of these mufflers for sale on ebay. It bolted right up which was nice. On the muffler it states that the rating is 80 DBA- not very loud. I'm sure it's not as growly as the TBR carbon fibre and it does weigh a few pounds more but it's not very heavy.
                  hmm i wonder what it will sound like on a kat. Since its made for a 1000 and its now on a 600. Also if there is any sort of performance advantages or balance issues. I had always thought the honda's under tail design was sweet and if it would ever work on a kat.
                  Last edited by Mr Exiled; 08-03-2012, 11:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Exiled View Post
                    Just on a side note if some of our "supporting members" want to have a ****ing contest with people please do so in a pm. I'm on this site to hear what people have done to there bikes and to expand my knowledge on motorcycles as im a wyotech grad. I dont want to hear how awesome you are or how stupid everyone else is. If you have knowledge about the subject please express it without putting others down. Thank you

hmm i wonder what it will sound like on a kat. Since its made for a 1000 and its now on a 600. Also if there is any sort of performance advantages or balance issues. I had always thought the honda's under tail design was sweet and if it would ever work on a kat.
                    Yes, agreed....The ***ing contest going on here is obnoxious.

I'll make a video sound bite of the engine/exhaust sound after I get it running.
                    I'm gonna pull the entire exhaust system off the bike to pretty up the welds and to paint in the a.m.. and then reinstall it all. The header bolts are soaking right now with PB blaster (penetrating oil). I don't imagine using a 1,000 cc muffler with a 750cc will cause any problems at all. I wouldn't use a 500 cc muffler on a 750cc though. It should breathe just fine with the larger cc muffler. My thinking was that if works good on a racing bike (Gixxer 1000) then it should be fine for my purposes (stealthy commuting).
                    1980 Suzuki GS450ET
                    1977 Honda XL125

Comment

Oh 750 mybad lol. Yea get that thing running and lets hear it.
                      Last edited by Mr Exiled; 08-04-2012, 12:12 AM.

Comment

Here's one on a 2006 Gixxer 1000...
                        Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

It's not as good sounding as the TBR.....but it'll work fine for me.
                        1980 Suzuki GS450ET
                        1977 Honda XL125

Comment

So I removed the exhast today and fixed up the welds. I got ready for paint and then decided to do a little center stand mod while the exhaust was off the bike. Center stand mod? Yeah, I'm a light weight and even with proper technique find the oem stand a real pita to use. What's wrong with it? Not enough leverage....fixed that!

1980 Suzuki GS450ET
                          1977 Honda XL125

Comment

Originally posted by Surviverguy View Post
                            I needed to have everything bolted up to get it right. I can take it appart now and pretty up the welds. I don't have any new exhaust header to cylinder head exhaust gaskets. Is it likely to leak re-using the same gaskets?

Personally I would use new exhaust gaskets, but a lot of racers do reuse their existing gaskets (provided they're not too squashed)
                            without any leaks depending on their condition of course.

Comment

I'd say if you have a lot of miles on the bike they are more likely to leak.

Comment

put it togethor today and fired it up...and #2 pipe leaks at the head! Looks like I'm gonna need some new gaskets!
                                The centerstand works easier than before. It's still a pita for me to get the bike up on that stand, but now it's definately better. Maybe some more practice will help.....?
                                Last edited by Surviverguy; 08-04-2012, 08:12 PM.
                                1980 Suzuki GS450ET
                                1977 Honda XL125

Comment

Working...
                                X