Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

And the lord said, "Let there be Katana"...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to KR, all that matters is that you are happy with your bike.
    Last edited by astevens54; 07-24-2012, 10:38 PM.
    2014 Ducati Monster 1200
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/austin-stevens/

Comment

Have Fun with your Kat, I've always been a fan with that colour. As for exhaust I've only heard the Yosh and it sounds good.

Originally posted by astevens54 View Post
      Welcome to KR, all that matters is that you are you with your bike.
      No more posting when drinking
      Kyle

Comment

Looks cool. My advice? Leave the exhaust alone and ride the wheels off that bike. Dont turn it into a money pit, just ride it.

Comment

Originally posted by rph12 View Post
          Updated the avatar...

Now I'm at the tough stage of picking an exhaust (still stock). The yoshi's sound good...but that two brothers m2 carbon fiber sure does look *pretty*...*damn*...*sick*.

Decisions, decisions...Any advice from anyone? I had dual two brothers full exhaust on my last 250 and it made the thing sound like a real bike. I can only imagine what (even just a slip on) would do for this bad boy. Buuuut the yoshi I can get for $280...the two brothers CF is about $410...youch...
          I put a Yoshi on mine, and really like it. The stock exhaust sounded like the Jetsons car Either way, the bike is fun to ride
          Congrats, and happy riding!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jeepocaster View Post
            Looks cool. My advice? Leave the exhaust alone and ride the wheels off that bike. Dont turn it into a money pit, just ride it.
            As long as he keeps it in good shape and rides it til it dies, theres nothing wrong with adding mods that make your bike "your bike"

I stuck $4000 into my kat the first summer i bought it from the dealer new. 3 years and 9,000miles later, I sold it taking a huge hit, now for me that was stupid, however, if i would have kept it for 100,000 miles, it would have been worth it to me. Although it was pretty cool getting a ton of complements from people saying my bike looked fantastic and such
            Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
            Current Bikes:
            1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
            2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

Originally posted by STULER View Post
              As long as he keeps it in good shape and rides it til it dies, theres nothing wrong with adding mods that make your bike "your bike"

I stuck $4000 into my kat the first summer i bought it from the dealer new. 3 years and 9,000miles later, I sold it taking a huge hit, now for me that was stupid, however, if i would have kept it for 100,000 miles, it would have been worth it to me. Although it was pretty cool getting a ton of complements from people saying my bike looked fantastic and such
              so what you are basically saying is that for you, it would be worth $4000 for compliments on your bike
              I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Money means different things to different people. I'd bet you could drop 4K on your boat no problem.

Comment

everyone spends money on something retarded, life it too short not to have fun. I just wish I could be less retarded LOL
                  2004 Honda ST1300
                  1999 Katana 750 (sold)

Comment

You know how much any bike is worth? Simple, how much are you willing to pay for it. That's all.

Comment

i have a 05- 750 with a yoshi exhuast and im totally satisfied with the way it sounds but the pipe was on it when i bought it so i cant compare it to stock . its not hurendously loud but it does have a nice growl to it .
                      im an american proud and free , a son of the south dont tread on me.

Comment

i paid 1600 for an 04 with 7k miles ..... thats a good deal

Comment

Scorpion: [ame="http://s290.photobucket.com/albums/ll261/chrisgreer23/?action=view&current=CIMG1378.mp4"]CIMG1378.mp4 video by chrisgreer23 - Photobucket@@AMEPARAM@@file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid290.ph otobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fll261%2Fchrisgreer23%2FCI MG1378.mp4@@AMEPARAM@@file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid290.pho tobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fll261%2Fchrisgreer23%2FCIM G1378.mp4[/ame]

I realize the bike you see in the video is a pre 97, but the engine is from a 2002 750. I love the sound of it. I used to have a pre 600 with a DnD exaust and that thing was LOUD!! I wouldn't recomend the DnD.
                          I have embarked on the road of modding. Even if you BOLT ON new parts to a bike, there will be someone somewhere that has the same combination. With the Kat, you have a unique platform. Sure, some parts might be from other bikes, but no one will have the same combination. It will be truly yours and unique.
                          -Unholy m-
                          Current project: Un-Katchable
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X