X

1990 katana 600 ineed of your help!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1990 katana 600 ineed of your help!

I bought a 1990 katana not running since a few years... I first started with the basics; fuel, spark... First I took off every spark plug and found spark was nice and strong!

I took off the carbs and sprayed carb cleaner into the cylinders... After a long while I used gas and it started to run couldn't provide enough fuel to keep it running...

I see the gas tank had some rust particles so I took the carbs off and took out all jets sprayed carb cleaner and scrubbed as much as possible... The carbs weren't that dirty inside..

The reason I took the carbs off is because the gas would flow to the carbs and not to the engine..

How is the gas delivered to the cylinders?..

I tried with airbox on and off... It's like I'm not getting vaccum to pull in the fuel?... What should I do next? Will It start with no vaccum?... I need to keep moving forward! Thanks

Originally posted by zanelo View Post
    I bought a 1990 katana not running since a few years... I first started with the basics; fuel, spark... First I took off every spark plug and found spark was nice and strong!

I took off the carbs and sprayed carb cleaner into the cylinders... After a long while I used gas and it started to run couldn't provide enough fuel to keep it running...

I see the gas tank had some rust particles so I took the carbs off and took out all jets sprayed carb cleaner and scrubbed as much as possible... The carbs weren't that dirty inside..

The reason I took the carbs off is because the gas would flow to the carbs and not to the engine..

How is the gas delivered to the cylinders?..

I tried with airbox on and off... It's like I'm not getting vaccum to pull in the fuel?... What should I do next? Will It start with no vaccum?... I need to keep moving forward! Thanks
    Okay, you should download carbs 101 from the wiki link at the top of the page. Use that as a guide.

Fully dissassemble the carbs and dip each carb body in a carb dip for 24 hours. Use spray carb cleaner only as a "wash off" of the old cleaner, and to make sure that every port and passage on the carb body is clear.

Then put it back together inspecting every rubber part as you go. Replace any that are dry, hard, or cracked.

That's the start.

Or... you could buy a set of carbs where this is already done and ready to go for around $450-$500.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
    X