X

Took my skill test today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Took my skill test today

I have owned my bike for about six weeks now. I took the Utah MST today and passed without a hickup.
    I have put 1800 miles on the bike between commuting to work (22 mile ride on highway) and joy riding. Nice to have no night time restrictions, rider or speed restrictions now. My wife want's to go for a ride and she just purchased me some saddlebags that I fitted and work great.

I have gained a good deal of help and knowledge from you folks and appreciate your help. After six weeks of riding my skills have sure improved and I enjoy riding more and more. I rode into work today after my test in a pretty good rain. It was my first time riding in the rain and the new Conti-Motions performed very well.

Mike.
    2002 GSX 600F

Way Cool........I remember when this happened to me.
    sigpic
    98 Katana 750 89 Katana 600
    Corbin Gunfighter & Scorpion Pipe

Comment

Congrats!!! Night riding can be very interesting at times.

Comment

Congratulations and the ideia for night riding its very good

Comment

Congrats. Do you have a motorcycle safety course in Utah? PA offers multiple classes free of charge. They offer basic and advanced riding courses.
          Extra life.

Comment

Night riding

I have ridden quite a bit in the dark. Utah places restrictions of no riding between the hours of 10PM-6:00AM on new permits for the first three months. Other 3 month restrictions include not riding on any highway with a posted speed of 65 or greater, and no riders. Utah does offer basic and advanced rider courses. I may take an advanced for $85.00. The basic for $200 seems a little stiff and although it had been 27 years since I was on a road bike (I am 47 now) my skills were still ok and I did not think the basic course was really mandatory.

Utah also has a tiered system for motorcycles. I can only leagally ride a bike that is 649CC or less since I took the course on my 600. My son rides a 1988 Katana 600 street fighter with a 1992 750 engine. If I want to take the course again for free I can on that bike or any other bike that is 750cc or larger to have no size restrictions ( is bigger better?/Does size really matter?) LOL

Mike.
            Last edited by Stormbringer; 07-11-2012, 02:31 PM.
            2002 GSX 600F

Comment

Congratulations and good luck
              Ride like it's your last ride
              sigpic

Comment

congrats on your success.
                im an american proud and free , a son of the south dont tread on me.

Comment

congrats

"Sex with out love is really just exercise.So grab a friend and let's all workout!!"

Freebird01 " ok so kid cuts school and jumps in the Schuylkill river and dies....darwin at work?"
                  >JayBell " Express lane Darwin, no lines, no waiting, instant gene pool deletion

Comment

Working...
                  X