X

I think i just killed my kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think i just killed my kat

THis has been a frustrating weekend. I tried to work on my kat and it seems that i killed her completely.

Here is waht happened. I changed oil in my kat about two weeks ago. I have not been able to start her since. Thinking it was a wiring problem due to a flickering light, i tried to trouble shoot around the battery and all the wiring. So i decided to give my battery a bit power by jumping it with my my buddy's bike. The first round should some promise, the starter worked, the engine turned once. However, the bike didn't start. When I tried the second time, all hell broke loose. My kat stopped repsonding. the neutrual light is off. Even the clock went off.

At the moment, none of the electrical staff work. We have a reading of 7v for the battery. We swapped out the battery for a new one. the problem presists. Nothing is responding and the clock is still off.

how could bring my kat back to life. Any suggestions on what i should troubleshoot?

it would be fantastic if there are any kat experts live around arlington va would like to lend a hand!

Replace the fuse you blew.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
      +1
      sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
      ------------------------------------------
      89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
      96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Dude I actually lol'd.

Comment

Rule #1 with bikes...... start simple.
          sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
          ------------------------------------------
          89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
          96 YZF 1000R

Comment

That was the first thing I checked. All of fuses are good.

Comment

No there not, if they were, it wouldn't be doing that.

Comment

I pulled all of them out and they looked fine. Switched the meter one with the spare one. Still no luck.

Comment

There is another main fuse somewhere you haven't looked yet. I'm not sure where it is, but by your description you are dealing with a blown fuse 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
                    Rule #1 with bikes...... start simple.
                    +1

Comment

There is another main fuse somewhere you haven't looked yet. I'm not sure where it is, but by your description you are dealing with a blown fuse 100%.
                      Didn't know there is an other fuse box. Does anyone know where it is? I have an 05 kat.

Comment

how about the main fuse on the starter circuit. on my 2000 the fuse is located behind the left side main fairing . i bleive its a green 30 amp fuse with a plastic cover it.another way to find it is just follow the positive lead wire from the battery down behind the fairing you cant miss it

Comment

freaking hilarious. replace the fuse you blew........ classic....just because a fuse doesnt look blown you should put a meter on it and check for continuity. for general purpose.
                          im an american proud and free , a son of the south dont tread on me.

Comment

Originally posted by lazyazn View Post
                            Didn't know there is an other fuse box. Does anyone know where it is? I have an 05 kat.
                            On an 05 there is a main fuse right in the starter relay. Have you checked that? For the record, that was not meant to be a humorous response. That's the answer.
                            Last edited by arsenic; 07-02-2012, 02:16 PM.

Comment

1. PLEASE get the service manual for your bike, the 98-02 manual is effectively the same as 03-06 in most things. Search the WIKI link for "Service manual"

please download it, please read it.

2. PLEASE learn how to use the search button to look up main fuse.

this is what you seek:

See My Garage for mods...
                              T-Rex Racing framesliders install and review thread
                              Full Post 98 LED conversion how to thread

Comment

Working...
                              X