X

clucth problem

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clucth problem

I just bought a new clutch cable got it on and it was riding and shifting fine 2 night ago, then i just go out to ride it and it goes into gear fine but when i left the clucth out it doesnt go anywhere. it feels like it wants to go but it doesnt. and i adjust it a bunch of different ways, no difference. any idea whats wrong?

Originally posted by 88Streetfighter View Post
    I just bought a new clutch cable got it on and it was riding and shifting fine 2 night ago, then i just go out to ride it and it goes into gear fine but when i left the clucth out it doesnt go anywhere. it feels like it wants to go but it doesnt. and i adjust it a bunch of different ways, no difference. any idea whats wrong?

When you replaced the cable, did you fully clean the sprocket cover, remove the worm gear on the clutch actuator and clean/lubricate it, inspect for missing ball bearings, and make sure the spring was in place?

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

No I didnt do that. I couldnt even pull the cover off when i changed it a bolt is stripped. And not sure how to get a striped alen bolt off.

Comment

What does the spring look like. I think I lost mine. Installed new cable but now I have no return pressure.
        sigpic

Comment

dealing with clutch issues as well right now. let me know how it goes for ya@!

Comment

Im going to the salvage yard tomorrow to see if they have what I need.
            sigpic

Comment

There is an adjustment for dummies with pics on this site...spend 2 seconds and search for it...
              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              Originally posted by soulless kaos
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I have been around this site for a while I know about the search function. I just could not find a picture.
                sigpic

Comment

I have been around this site for a while I know about the search function. I just could not find a picture.
                  sigpic

Comment

I know my work pc does not show pics on forums. It's annoying. The pics are up there in the How-To.
                    Extra life.

Comment

Working...
                    X