Carb Cleaning at Dealer-How Much$

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crazee good deal!

Comment

Okay, one more Here's the OP's carbs. They are done, packed, and going out tomorrow.

Comment

hahaha dick.

Comment

No, the douche that charged you a grand to "clean" your carbs with a rusty tank is a dick. I'm the azzhole that's laughing at you for it.

Comment

Helpful. Like i said it wasn't like i had many options at that time.

Comment

I understand, I'm not telling you you did anything wrong. I'm telling you the guy that did the service did. It's no fault of yours. You'll know for next time.

Comment

Haha yeah if only i didnt blow all my money and researched a bit first...THAN i might of had a nice 4-1 already also!

Comment

Paid 358.01 for a complete rebuild at the dealership. It does run great, but instead of also rebuilding the petcock, he blocked 2 lines off and told me I had to turn it to Prime to run and On or Res when not running it .. I was like .. O..K.....

Comment

Originally posted by friskycow View Post
                    Paid 358.01 for a complete rebuild at the dealership. It does run great, but instead of also rebuilding the petcock, he blocked 2 lines off and told me I had to turn it to Prime to run and On or Res when not running it .. I was like .. O..K.....
                    That's a hack job and a half and NOT COOL. Go back and tell them to make it RIGHT!

Comment

Originally posted by 05RedKat600 View Post
                      That's a hack job and a half and NOT COOL. Go back and tell them to make it RIGHT!
                      Not only that but apparently they stabbed a hole in the rear brake master cylinder, so i have to rebuild it now too

Comment

Originally posted by friskycow View Post
                        Not only that but apparently they stabbed a hole in the rear brake master cylinder, so i have to rebuild it now too
                        No, you take it back to them and make them do it free of charge. At least I would.

Comment

Originally posted by 05RedKat600 View Post
                          No, you take it back to them and make them do it free of charge. At least I would.
                          Didn't mean to hijack this thread, but yeah I had perfectly working brakes when I took it into them. Now nothing on the rear, after further inspection, the rubber seal around the plunger (guess thats what its called) has a little hole in it. So no rear brakes now.

Comment

So, you took your bike in for carb work and they screwed up the brakes? That takes talent.

Comment

Jees-us! I read so many threads about shops screwing up peoples bikes and just screwing them in bodily orifices. Just got my Kat and I know the carbs are done. I think a trip to Arsenic's ebay page is in my future....very soon.
                              Extra life.

Comment

Don't buy them on eBay. Just PM me and I'll sell them to you directly. BTW, I just listed [ame="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190696293135&ssPageNam e=STRK:MESE:IT"]THESE[/ame] yesterday. They are the chit if I do say so myself.
                                Last edited by arsenic; 06-27-2012, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X