what is this?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is this?

I am trying to figure out what this is

I believe it's number 17 on the picture. It is a little rubber plug inside the carb. It is not part of the float and it's about right in the middle of the carb when you take the bowl off.

I dont know man, look it up at www.ronayers.com they have better shcematics.
    You have no friend at 200 mph!

Comment

Acording to the schematic...
      # 17 is the main Jet
      # 34 is a plug that seems to follow the pilot jet # 14

Having said that, ?????

I'd love to see a real pic.
      "Speed Junkie Since 1975"

Comment

Ronayers has the same picture. I would give you a picture but I had it all together an back on the bike before I figured out it may have been my problem. Ok, I think 34 might be the piece i'm talking about. Is that plug supposed to be solid? When I took the bowl off it was sitting in there not plugged where it was supposed to be. Not sure if it has been like that or if I knocked it off. But that -plus a few other small things- seems to have fixed the idle flux problem I was having.

Comment

The small rubber plug is # 34 & it goes in the bottom of the pilot jet.

CAUTION: These MUST be snug! If they are loose, your carbs will run bad!

I keep 8-12 spares in stock...........and I'll donate good used ones to you if you pay the postage
          I've owned over 70 Katanas - you think I know anything about them?
          Is there such a thing as TOO MANY BIKES?
          Can you go TOO FAST on a bike?
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

It's seems snug now that I put it back in. If I have the problem again I will let you know. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
            X