X

Throttle Deadzone concern

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throttle Deadzone concern

HI Everyone, New to the site and just picked up a 2000 Kat about 2 weeks ago with about 10k on the engine. I did have 1 issue that I came across. It only seems to happen when the bike is cold, maybe only running for about 5 minutes but Anytime I give it about 1/4 throttle it bogs like its not getting enough fuel to accelerate but never stalls. It almost feels like im just giving it enough fuel to stay at that current speed but should be accelerating. Any less than 1/4 throttle and anymore than 1/4 it accelerates fine. This happens at any RPM and any gear. After about 10-15minutes everything is fine and runs like it was new. Just curious if this is normal and maybe i'm not giving it enough time to warm up. Again this issue only occurs when the engine is fairly cold. Just bought it from a local dealer and has had a full tune up and wanted to make sure this is normal before my warranty expires with them. Thanks in advance. I tried searching but could not find anything on this.

My bike seems to do the same thing if I blip the throttle before it's completely warmed up. I usually have to wait until the engine rpm rises on about 1/4 choke.
    sigpic2000 Dupli-Color Metal Specks Red GSX750f

Comment

This is pretty normal. Try running some Seafoam in the gas tank to clean out the carbs. If it really bothers you then install a Factory Pro Stage 1 jet kit and an ignition advancer. That combination will beef up the midrange power a bit as well as letting the bike warm up quicker.
      Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
      HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Thanks everyone for the info. Glad to be part of this community.

Comment

i like this site also. these guys dont sling any cheese . you can take their advice seriously because these guys know whats up good luck with your new kat. i have ran seafoam through 4 tanks now on my ( new to me 05 750) and the bike starts better. idles better and has less lag when cold. hope this helps>>>>>
          im an american proud and free , a son of the south dont tread on me.

Comment

My 04 600 does the same when cold, good to know it's normal lol

Comment

Working...
            X