Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Walmart and Everstart batteries, garbage!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walmart and Everstart batteries, garbage!

So I head over to walmart to get a replacement battery. Use the Everstart catalog and find the battery I need for my 93 Kat 600. Get it home, charge it up, and go to put it in.... DOESN'T FIT!!! I then compare it to my old battery and it's the same width, but it's about an inch longer. WTF! Just a rant.

I had this same problem..its really our own fault for buying walmart batteries

but i just bought a different size one to begin with..cause i brought the old one in the store with me

the one i got was about an inch taller, but an inch skinnier.

its been in the bike and it works as good as a 40 dollar battery will work

but now because its too tall i had to put a piece of rubber over the positive terminal so it doesnt arc out against the gas tank mount bracket >.<

Comment

Don't expect them to last very long, either. There's a reason people call them "neverstarts". The good news is that they generally go bad before the warranty runs out so you can at least get two years out of them provided you check the battery 11 months after you put it in.
      Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
      HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

i got a motobatt battery... free shipping in the states, 2 year warranty and it's an agm battery to boot....

Comment

+1 on the Motobatt. Best battery I've ever had.

Originally posted by UncleBuck View Post
          i got a motobatt battery... free shipping in the states, 2 year warranty and it's an agm battery to boot....

Comment

Originally posted by Scott L View Post
            the one i got was about an inch taller, but an inch skinnier.
            i had to put a piece of rubber over the positive
            thats what she said! :P

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
            There's a reason people call them "neverstarts".
            lol i was going to say he should go back to wallmart and say it doesnt everstart :P
            Last edited by Malloc; 04-15-2012, 06:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
            sigpic

Comment

Comment

I got a Yott battery with a 3 month warranty, shorted out after four months.
                Local battery dealer sells something called "Motocross", it is a relabeled Yuasa that is cheaper than Yuasa brand, even had "yumicron" on the case. I have the feeling that there are other labels that are made by Yuasa.
                I take crap care of batteries, never check the water level, ride when it is 105 or freezing, bike sits in garage for months if there is snow without trickle charge, current Motocross battery, despite this terrible neglect, is going on four years, still strong, I even started the bike up last week when it was 18 degrees, started right up.

Comment

my Kat had a neverstart in it when I bought it. had no problem with it until I fixed it. added water to it when it wasn't supposed to have water added.it is a type I hadn't seen before. the new one I bought has been trouble free. doesn't need water because of the absorbent media around the plates.
                  never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Working...
                  X