X

My first ride

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first ride

So couple weeks ago i bought a katana. Got it cleaned up and working on painting some of it right now. took a MSF class a few days ago and it was the first time i ever rode. did great and passed. Got my license yesterday and took my bike out for the first time today! stayed in a parking lot but i loved every minute of it. I did kinda scare me though haha

Nothing to be scared of. Respect the bike, don't fear it. You've got the basics thanks to the class and now all you've got to do is take those skills and attitude and adapt them to the Kat.
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

,i know i will feel better on it the more i ride, but i was just impressed with how much power the bike has.

Comment

Compared to the baby bikes they have for you at the MSF class it's got a lot of power. Compared to most new bikes and especially a super sport, it's a dog. A comfortable dog but still a dog. Keep that in mind when you get invited to throw a leg over your friend's new CBR/GSXR/whatever-R. What you're feeling now is what you can expect to feel then.

Not hacking on the Kat at all; just remember this feeling and be ready for it after you've started to think of yourself as a decent rider and go to try something else.

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
          just remember this feeling and be ready for it after you've started to think of yourself as a decent rider and go to try something else.
          +1

This is my fourth? riding season on my 636, and it still has WAAAY too much power for me to use properly, even in a straight line...
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Ya i have heard that about the kats a lot. but its more than enough for me for a while, so i am happy with what i have(:ha

Comment

It's a learning curve, and you never stop learning when it comes to your ride and abilities. I'm sure you'll find out soon enough. The Kat is a relatively heavy bike (as I'm sure you already know). The best thing to practise on it is a low speed U-turn (either right or left) with clutch lever and throttle control.
              sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
              ------------------------------------------
              89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
              96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
                you never stop learning when it comes to your ride and abilities
                When you think you have learned it all, thats when you wreck
                90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                Originally posted by soulless kaos
                but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                  When you think you have learned it all, thats when you wreck

^^Truth!!

Comment

The longest I've owned any one bike is 8 years. That was an '84 VF700F Interceptor. After 8 years I was still learning new things about that bike.

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by AustinF19 View Post
                      stayed in a parking lot but i loved every minute of it. I did kinda scare me though haha
                      I remember that feeling. My first ride was across the school parking lot at about 20mph. I looked down at the ground and it felt like I was going way too fast.

Congratulations on getting your license!

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
                        Nothing to be scared of. Respect the bike, don't fear it. You've got the basics thanks to the class and now all you've got to do is take those skills and attitude and adapt them to the Kat.
                        good advice
                        never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Originally posted by Spyderturbo007 View Post
                          I remember that feeling. My first ride was across the school parking lot at about 20mph. I looked down at the ground and it felt like I was going way too fast.

Congratulations on getting your license!
                          Haha I know that feeling, when I bought my cbr after taking the msf course and took a test ride through the parking lot I ended up asking if the speedo was broken cause it felt so much faster than 20 lol.

To the OP, gratz on license and enjoy the bike!

Comment

Working...
                          X