Looking to buy this

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking to buy this

Hi all,
    Came across this site and y'all sound like you know what you are talking about. I found this on CL and wonder if it is worth buying?

Fast 94 Katana GSX600F. Only 18000 miles! Runs great and looks cool. Everything works. Includes service manual. Does have a small oil leak. Its leaking oil from one of the oil return tubes were it attaches to the heads. To repair it you would need to pull the heads and replace the o-ring. Its something I have come to live with as it does not affect the performance of the bike. The only other problem is that the petcock sticks and needs to be over-ridden. It needs a $20 petcock rebuild kit. Other than that the bike runs great.
    Good weather is on the way, will not last long at this price.

Cash Only or will consider trade for car or SUV 2002 or newer with less than 100k, branded titles ok.
    If The AD is Up its still for Sale.
    Price is Firm.
    Questions and appointments to view by email only. Phone calls will not be returned

Bike looks clean in the photos, no graphics, so most likely re-painted and/or repaired. Blue Book says 1500. Should I offer lower, and how much? Anything I should look out for when looking at it?

Thanks for your help

Let's see, non-stock paint job means it may have been laid down (-$200-$500 depending), $20 petcock kit and $75 labor, $2 o-ring and another $75 labor. Blue book is $1500 provided everything is right. You do the math.

Of course, I'd never suggest you take a bike to the shop to have a petcock rebuilt and an oil line o-ring replaced. Those are too easy. Your time's worth something, though. You should be able to get ahead when you do your own work, not be trying to catch up.
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Working...
    X