X

First time doing a burn out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time doing a burn out

I gave myself a present since it got warm here over 50 degrees. I decided to go out Friday noon to ride and it happened by accident. Realizing what had happen I did it over again, the rear slide out but I held the bike up. The next time I figured it all out and did it again with confidence. Nice and smokey. Well that's a first in controling the bike and I am stoked!! Merry Christmas KR. Just thought I would share.
    Kat78

better start buying tires now they will go fast from now on...
    03 katanika

Comment

what kind of tires do you have on now?

Comment

First time I tried to do a burnout on a bike was on my CBR 600, I wrapped the engine up to about 7000 RPM grabbed the front brake and let the clutch out... Well the front end lifted right up I let off the gas but managed to keep the front brake locked up so when the front tire came back down my bike came to a sudden stop sending my nuts right into the gas tank... Apparently once wasn't good enough for me as I made another attempt once I found that my nuts were still intact, and what do ya know I got the same exact result... OUCH!

Comment

watch those burnouts..u can lose the rear end really quick if your not careful.

Comment

Originally posted by WildKat
            watch those burnouts..u can lose the rear end really quick if your not careful.
            Or your nuts lol

Comment

Start saving your money for new tires now..

Only time you will see me do a burnout is about 5 minutes before the wheels come off for new tires. I go through rears in about 3K miles as it is without smoking them.

My last set got 1235 and I had belts poking through. No burnouts.

Knock yourself out.
              Ron
              MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

I have the standards on now. The Macs 90X. I am getting new tires in the spring. the first time was a bit scary but I managed to hold in place. So the second and third times were pretty much under control.
                Kat78

Comment

Unless you have a tire that at its life's end...I dont see much point in doing them..seems like just throwing money out the door to me

Comment

the normal life of motorcycle tires is 3k????? sorry newby question for me. i havent had to get new tires i jus got a new bike lol
                    R.I.P. Jason you will be missed.

Comment

Aw mom, you never let me having any fun.lol

Thanks Wildkat, I will heed your advice.
                      Kat78

Comment

I tried a burnout when I first got my bike. I lost the rear and it spun down to the ground. Luckily I was holding the bike up by the handlebars, so it didn't scratch anything except the barend.

I won't be trying it again.
                        sigpic2000 Dupli-Color Metal Specks Red GSX750f

Comment

do it a few more times until you get down to the belts. making smoke is about the only thing those tires are good for, then go get some real tires.

i think burnouts are fun but i also limit it to the end of the tires life.
                          btw: the kats is very good at doing rolling burnouts

tim

Comment

Originally posted by RydeBye
                            the normal life of motorcycle tires is 3k????? sorry newby question for me. i havent had to get new tires i jus got a new bike lol
                            It really depends on many factors - like how aggressive you ride, where you ride (slab, twisties),
                            burnouts, etc. My original 90x Macadams were replaced at 3k because they were badly cupped but
                            had plenty of tread left. I never realized how bad the 90x tires are (or how good the Katana is) until
                            I put different tires on there.

Comment

Originally posted by RydeBye
                              I got about 15K out of my Bridgestone BTO20s.

Honest.
                              "Speed Junkie Since 1975"

Comment

Working...
                              X