X

Help wont start was working fine minutes b4

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help wont start was working fine minutes b4

I was cruising my 2006 750 kat and stopped to talk with a friend so I turned my bike off, then 5 minutes later went to start it and wouldnt start help please it has half a tank of premium
    If I aint riding my kat im pulling magic trix out of my hat!
    «on the soccer field of course»

Kill switch?
    sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
    ------------------------------------------
    89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
    96 YZF 1000R

Comment

It was on

Comment

You should know by now we need more info. DOesn't start doesn't tell us anything. Will it crank? Not crank? Sputter, cough, backfire, anything? Headlights on? Not on? Kickstand up? In gear? Pulling clutch in?

Comment

Sorry bro headlights are on it cranks tried it with kickstand in neutral and nothing then kicked stand up and tried it nothing it acts
          like it wants to start but dosnt

I put it in gear pulled clutch in and nothin i dont know wtheck is going on tried so many times battery almost died out
          Last edited by KatanaStud; 03-30-2012, 10:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Petcock on prime?
            When all else fails get a bigger hammer

Comment

Well men my bike started this morning im thinking starter?????

Comment

Solenoid? Also, check the wire going to your clutch lever. I know my wife's Kat wouldn't do jack...That, and forgive me here, "thingie" was unplugged. I think it's just a safety to insure the bike won't take off while in gear.
                sigpic

"* JayBell notes that this appears to be a UNscheduled hazing of Mike "Looseplugs McStabbyfoot" Fitzpatrick"

2004 Katana 600 - Bought 01/06/2017

1993 Katana 600 - Traded for a truck.
                2004 Katana 600 - Gone
                2002 GSX-R600. - Gone

Comment

Basically what you need to start/run is compression ,spark and fuel

if it is turning over you have compression

I assume you have a full tank of fuel , regardless set to petcock to prime and try starting after 15 seconds
                  DO NOT leave petcock set on prime

Also possible if you used the choke on a warm engine that you flooded it and fouled the spark plugs
                  Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Oh ok I did choke it on a warm engine im guessing u shouldnt hv to choke on a warm engine?!

Comment

You shouldn't have to choke a warm engine, and if the engine was too hot, it may have boiled the gas out of the carbs. If it does it again, turn it to prime right away and wait about 30 seconds before cranking it again.
                      John,
                      '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
                      sigpic

Comment

So tryturning it on while in prime or leave on prime for 30secs then back to normal then try starting?
                        Last edited by KatanaStud; 04-01-2012, 10:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Prime for 30 seconds, flip petcock knob back to on, restart.
                          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                          Originally posted by soulless kaos
                          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Thanx bro

Comment

FWIW when my starter went out I replaced a whole slew of other items when the issue was - as I had initially suspected, the starter.

But a key component of the bike's starter not working would be you know, the starter not working - the bike turns over when you hit the start button - hence, the starter works.

You have another issue going on.
                              Black & Blue - Kludge Fixed Katana - 1990 Katana GSX-600F [out of service - engine swap started 9/8/12; ETA 9/30/12]
                              Beaten and bruised, clawing its way back from the dead for the 3rd time. 2-up tourer
                              2001 Buell Blast 515cc, V&H Exh, Buell Pro-Series Intake, Stage IV Jetting, Raptor II Streetfighter Front Headlight/Fairing Assembly, Dual HIDs -- "The Misfit"

Comment

Working...
                              X