X

Now that your bike is sleeping...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now that your bike is sleeping...

Those days always seem to happen, inevitably we get a nice 60 degree day in the middle of january or february or if we're lucky maybe 2 of them in a row ... will you get the bike out of hibernation early to take advantage of the temporary good riding weather or just let her sleep till spring?
    Yep, I'll dig it out and hit the road as long as it isnt snowing
    0%
    Depends on how "nice" the weather is
    0%
    Nah, too much work to de-winterize just for a day or 2 of riding
    0%
    Nope, too much salt and debris on the road, I'll wait.
    0%
    Both C & D
    0%
    I ride no matter what the weather, screw winterizing !
    0%
    Im in a warm climate area and I have no idea what this whole winterizing thing is..LOL
    0%

I voted for #1, but would ride even if it _was_ snowing. Ice and compacted snow is a different story, though!

/kiba
    find / -name "*your base*" -exec chown us:us {} \;

You must realize that someday you will die-until you know that, you are useless

If you can't make it fit with a sledge hammer, don't force it!

Comment

I choose F, too much work to de-winterize the garage door, takes about 2 hours.
      I don't know how fast my bike goes, I've never stopped to find out.

Comment

winter? what's that?

Long Live the D

Comment

no winterizing here...sacramento,ca unless its raining im out there..and even then i'll ride in rain if im already out when it starts
          " The key to Immortality., is first living a life worth remembering." -St Augustine

Comment

I have the gear and mods to ride in anything over 25, but less than 35 or so just isn't much fun. We don't get a lot of snow in NoVA, but the few inches we have got this year have been slow in disappearing completely, and the ice that forms from 35 degree days and 20 degree nights is still everywhere until around noon, and forms again as soon as the sun goes down.

Even for the still-giddy-with-excitement-at-any-chance-to-ride new guy, some days, the calculus says it's just not worth the risk.

Comment

If I see a 40 degree day I will break out for a quick half-hour ride.

Comment

Originally posted by mx916
                If I see a 40 degree day I will break out for a quick half-hour ride.
                I have to agree on that, come saturday we will see how the rain falls. If it is mild I am bringing mine out. I haven't winterized and don't plan on it. I have bigger and better plans for the Kat this winter.
                TDA Racing/Motorsports
                1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                Who knows what is next?
                Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Not enough options IMO. How about:

"I'm riding no matter HOW cold it gets so long as the road is clear."

I was on the Aprilia every day last week. I have been on the Bandit every day so far this week.

It has not been above 30 degrees on any given morning in the last two weeks................... Suck it up and ride baby!
                  Ron
                  MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

I would ride for a day or two. I just have to make sure I have my "riding" legs on.
                    "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

Depends on how much ice is around.
                      -Steve

sigpic
                      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

I think I need to make a couple more options for the poll, including.. Im in a warm climate so Im not allowed to participate in this thead

Comment

My Bike is Sleeping!?!?
                          WAKE UP!!!!!!!!

Comment

Even in winter (it's summer now here in Oz ) I'd have to ride about 150k to find snow on the roads.
                            Dave

www.netrider.net.au
                            www.austouring.com

Comment

none for me in sunny florida. although this morning it was close to freezing, and it took some dirty talk and some tank humping to get her to fire up this morning, and I ain't talkin about my bike!
                              What the deuce!?!

Comment

Working...
                              X