building a street fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• building a street fighter

I know should be in street fight thread, wasn't getting any responses

what if I cut my fairings and I don't like it? what are some plans and steps I should consider and thing about :bunny2
    1992 kat 600 Mods, mesh sides dual head lights custom mounted gauges, racing chain, integrated tail light, custom mounted license plate mount. :bunny2

Originally posted by GSX-600F View Post
    I know should be in street fight thread, wasn't getting any responses

what if I cut my fairings and I don't like it? what are some plans and steps I should consider and thing about :bunny2

don't cut your fairings... make fighter fairings instead. Then, you can always put the old back on or sell them when your happy.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
      don't cut your fairings... make fighter fairings instead. Then, you can always put the old back on or sell them when your happy.

Krey
      Fighter fairings? Elaborate? This is my first street bike and first customization.. So I'm a n3wb haha!
      1992 kat 600 Mods, mesh sides dual head lights custom mounted gauges, racing chain, integrated tail light, custom mounted license plate mount. :bunny2

Comment

Originally posted by GSX-600F View Post
        Fighter fairings? Elaborate? This is my first street bike and first customization.. So I'm a n3wb haha!

The entire point of a fighter is to remove any extranious or un-nessasary parts and pieces. Instead of just cutting some off the fairings you have, take them all off. Remove any other excess parts you don't want. Then, when your down to the bare essentials, if there is something you want to cover back up do so by making something new and unique to your bike.

Make new covers for the spots you specifically want covered out of flat abs, metal sheeting, or even fiberglass pieces. Generally they would be small or minimal in size because if not... why are you doing a "fighter" at all then?

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I want to build something like this, but with a rear seat

Comment

yeah, that was pretty much just them taking all the fairings off.

can always just buy extra lowers if you wanted.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Comment

Hmm I might have to go home and strip search my bike ;D haha

Comment

Working...
              X