X

Camera options

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camera options

I got a workbonus coming my way in the near future and I've been eyeballing some cameras for quite some time now.
    These two made the final cut :
    contour-roam
    hd170-stealth-camera/

Anyone got some experience with one of these? Major benefit for the drift is the possibility to plug in an external mic.
    Open your mind, freedom's a state.

sigpic

When in doubt, lean more.

What I use...

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

What I use and lots of folks reviewed.....

Comment

In addition to the link that 05RedKat600 posted, I recently tried the full 1920x1080p setting on the ContourROAM. If you don't like the somewhat fish-eye look in the default setting of 720p, the 1080p mode is only very slightly fish-eye. The down side is that the files are much larger so you can't record as much (6hrs vs 8hrs with 32g sd card I think) and it also uses the battery faster. The quality is excellent, though.
        sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
        1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
        2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
        First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
        Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

Several of us have and use the Contour Roam... I like mine, the price is reasonable and there are a lot of mounting options.
          2014 Ducati Monster 1200
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/austin-stevens/

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. Sound quality seems really good on the contour. Anyone has some first hand experience with the drift? I would love to compare those two. They are exactly the same price here so technical specs will be decisive.
            GoPro probably won't be an option because I want to mount it underneath the headlight, and the shape and dimentions don't seem to allow that. I plan to make a permanent mount for it when I (finally) do the fairings.
            Open your mind, freedom's a state.

sigpic

When in doubt, lean more.

Comment

Working...
            X