X

What Oil?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Oil?

Need to do an oil change on the Kat... (1st time since owning the bike)

What oil should i use?

On another forum there was a thread on oils and guys were using Rotella...
    looking at the Rotella, seems like it's a Diesel Oil???

is Amsoil worth the extra $$

I'm assuming 10W-40 is the correct grade...

I would suggest doing a quick search, as this question has already been asked 99859273459274092375097386 times before, and there is plenty of good info here.

And check the Wiki.......

Last edited by 05RedKat600; 03-04-2012, 12:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Motorcycle specific oil. Some people use rotella but I like Suzuki oil. It came in the bike so that's what I use. Never use car oil you will burn up your clutch. And yea 10w-40
      sigpic
      "Horsepower has a tendency to break things, if your not breaking anything your not going fast enough"
      "The shortest way between two points is a straight line...Whats the fun in that?"

Comment

Originally posted by 05RedKat600 View Post
        I would suggest doing a quick search, as this question has already been asked 99859273459274092375097386 times before, and there is plenty of good info here.

And check the Wiki.......

http://katriders.com/wiki/index.php5...=Oil_Selection
        I searched the forum and when typing Oil in the Search function, it came up blank???

didn't check the Wiki though...

Comment

I used to use Rotella, not anymore, don't like the current formulation, neither does my clutch.
          Here's a different answer to an oil thread- see if there is an oil wholeseller in your neck of the woods that will sell you oil.
          I used Redline motorcycle oil, 10-40, a REAL synthetic, not hydrocraked crap oil, get for around $7.50 a qt from a whole seller (I don't have a business or anything). I get Redline 5-30 from them for my car for around the same price. When you can get an ester/pao synthetic oil for less than the group III crap from Vatozone/Pepboys, you jump on it.
          To put things in perspective, there is a large Summit Auto Warehouse down the road from them that sells the stuff for around $11 qt.

Comment

i get mine for 7.50 a liter at the local shop.
            sigpic
            "Horsepower has a tendency to break things, if your not breaking anything your not going fast enough"
            "The shortest way between two points is a straight line...Whats the fun in that?"

Comment

I use this

its called ELF it's a racing oil

1992 kat 600 Mods, mesh sides dual head lights custom mounted gauges, racing chain, integrated tail light, custom mounted license plate mount. :bunny2

Comment

Any group IV-V synthetic or Highend Group III

IV-V Amsoil mcf or mcv, Redline, Motul 300v or Motul 7100
                Group III Mobil 1 4t, Motul 5100, Castrol GPS, Belray.
                98 GSX750F
                95 Honda VT600 vlx
                08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

I use amsoil and because i work at a boat shop i get it dirt cheap($5/qt), we go through a ton of oil though so we get a deal. I just toss a case in when we put an order in for our boat lubes

Comment

the question is too subjective, everyone will have an opinion, imagine if we chose a type of girl on someone elses opinion :P hahah
                    i like mobile1 she is smooth and always lubed and tast good with bacon

oh btw i just tried to search one of the oil thread and i used like 5 diferent ways to search word it and got nothing also , forum is being too picky or the search thread is broken
                    Last edited by Malloc; 03-05-2012, 04:46 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X