X

new speedo cable

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new speedo cable

Hi folks, some of you may be familiar with my previous posts, made over the last week or so. Well, the bike is now running, and the choke was responding, this is without me hav ing done anything to fix the problems. I am not sure whether this was cause just because there was unburned fuel in the carbs etc? It ran quite happily for about 10minutes in my garage before I turned it off. Fingers crossed it stays like this, but will have to see.

I was advised by a couple of poeple to buy a new speedo cable, so I bought one online and fitted it today, it measures 81cm, but i think this might be a bit small. when i turn the handle bars to the right, the cable tightens, making contact with the side of the the brake callipers. It does not seem to pull too too tight, so maybe this will be long enough.

Any hints tips or suggestions would be great, as always.

Originally posted by b1005638 View Post
    Hi folks, some of you may be familiar with my previous posts, made over the last week or so. Well, the bike is now running, and the choke was responding, this is without me hav ing done anything to fix the problems. I am not sure whether this was cause just because there was unburned fuel in the carbs etc? It ran quite happily for about 10minutes in my garage before I turned it off. Fingers crossed it stays like this, but will have to see.

I was advised by a couple of poeple to buy a new speedo cable, so I bought one online and fitted it today, it measures 81cm, but i think this might be a bit small. when i turn the handle bars to the right, the cable tightens, making contact with the side of the the brake callipers. It does not seem to pull too too tight, so maybe this will be long enough.

Any hints tips or suggestions would be great, as always.
    It's not routed correctly... the speedo cable that is.

Check that.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

apologies but I am confused with that, not routed properly?

Comment

Originally posted by b1005638 View Post
        apologies but I am confused with that, not routed properly?
        Yeah, the cable isn't routed properly from point A to point B. For the best help, take some pics of you you have it routed and post them here when you can. That way the experts can point out the right way.

Comment

Ok I get what you mean,, I have checked it and it is routed in the most direct route possible. It isnt interrupted along the way, doesnt swerve to divert anything. The cable that I had on before was around 1m long, but that looked long to the point of dangerous
          Last edited by b1005638; 02-21-2012, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X