X

getting parts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting parts

so i found a guy about three hours out that parted a 93 750 katana i have an 88 600 katana so hes selling me a set of the fairings that cover the larger portion for the bike for 60 all together seems like a decent deal to me....what other parts can i throw on there from the 750 i might need a new wire harness would it work...and posibly handle bars and pegs...let me know what else i couldtake from it because i will grab all i can just not to sure

Get the engine.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

idk he doesnt have the speedo cluster and i cant purchase anything offline ill try and get it though what can it hurt should i just try and get everything except the frame haha

Comment

The pegs are an easy swap and could be used... but they front ones are differnt between the CCs. You can use them, they are just different.

Wiring harness will be different.

Bars can be modified to be used with the 600. It's a simple mod, but needs to be done.

As a matter of fact, just about everything is going to be slightly different... mainly because your bike is an 88 model, but also partly because of the diffences between 750 and 600cc bikes.

The Fairings from the middle of the bike forward are the same though.

If he's parting the bike and you can get the whole thing at a cheap price, I would go that route.

krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

yeah i hear that my wiring harnness lokks rediculous like do they have a million wires or did some one add unnessesry **** like im stunned on how many damn wires lol

Comment

Working...
          X