X

Whats the Largest GSX that out there

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats the Largest GSX that out there

So as i have been posting we are new to the katana family always wanted one but several friends told me to stay away do to my size. But the bike in size is good for the wife. Now to my question I'm 6'9" 315lb so not in any way a small boy. What i was wondering what the largest gsx out on market new or old. something that sits higher then norm and some that has more options to possible to customize. one thing that important is some way to change spacing and even possible move the shifter since i do ride with size 16 shoe. i was think maybe tl1000 or busa but not sure that a bike with that much power is right either. love to hear what the group comes up with.

thanks
    Manny

"Sex with out love is really just exercise.So grab a friend and let's all workout!!"

Freebird01 " ok so kid cuts school and jumps in the Schuylkill river and dies....darwin at work?"
    >JayBell " Express lane Darwin, no lines, no waiting, instant gene pool deletion

Great website for lots of info on the various zuki models.

Probably the largest Suzuki motorcycle fan site in the world. Online since 2001. Thousands of pages with technical information, pictures, magazine adverts and brochure scans of most Suzuki motorbikes ever sold in different parts of the world. Thousands of bike pictures and stories posted by the readers. ALL Suzuki motorcycle models around the world have their place here!

Generally the largest GSX oil cooled engine was an 1127cc. Used in the Katana 1100 models and the GSXR1100s.

Krey
    Last edited by Kreylyn; 02-12-2012, 11:59 AM.
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

You migt find this site helpful....
      sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
      ------------------------------------------
      89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
      96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Tl1000 is smaller than a katana. You're looking at the biggermore touring oriented bike, you will not fit on a sport bike...

Not trying to be mean, jussayin. Busa ergos are tighter than the katana as well.
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
          You migt find this site helpful....
          http://cycle-ergo.com/
          That's one cool website!

Another bike which uses the 1127 engine is the '91-'93 GSX1100G. It's the Kat 1100 engine with a shaft drive instead of a chain. It's stretched out a bit more than the Kat with a much taller seating position. Big guys really like it.

Info on the GSX1100G is a little hard to find. If you're interested, check out http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/gsx1100g/
          Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
          HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

There were/are other models out there larger thant he 1100s... even a GSX 1400... not sold in the US. The 1127 is the largest oil cooled one I'm aware of though.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

In a way a miss my seca II it was a smaller bike but just me on it wasn't a bad ride took. Just looking for something fun just for me no passengers.

Thanks Manny

And the site you all posted is very kewl
              Last edited by Talltec; 02-12-2012, 12:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

"Sex with out love is really just exercise.So grab a friend and let's all workout!!"

Freebird01 " ok so kid cuts school and jumps in the Schuylkill river and dies....darwin at work?"
              >JayBell " Express lane Darwin, no lines, no waiting, instant gene pool deletion

Comment

I'm 6'6 and heavier then you...

i ride a 03 Kat 600, it's comfortable...

as for speed, It's good enough for my needs...
                people my size shouldn't be traveling super fast anyways... LOL

Comment

Y'all are some big boys!
                  Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                  HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

you also have the new water cooled gsx1250f
                    2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Originally posted by mammut89 View Post
                      you also have the new water cooled gsx1250f