X

93 Kat 600 air box question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 93 Kat 600 air box question

The boots that connect the carbs to the airbox are those removable stock? Because, I am wondering if its contributing to a vacuum leak I am trying to chase down. I am wondering if I should seal them into the box with some RTV. I have changed spark plugs, set the carbs per arsenic's recommendation, checked float height, cleaned the carbs, installed the stock needles/jets back in them, and still have a bad flatspot between 5,500-7,500 RPM. I have done everything short of adjusting the valves...

I think a lot of people rtv them in place, to avoid those leaks like you mention.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

They are replaceable. OEM they were sealed to the box with a gasket sealer. Over the years from use/age that sealer will crack/release allowing for air leaks to occur. Fresh gasket sealer can help alot to reduce that problem if the boots are in good shape.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

The boots seal fine on the carbs but they have been loose from the box all of this time. I will try so RTV today and see how far it gets me. Right now I want don't even really want to look at the bike. It has been the biggest basket case I have ever worked on. I have brought older bikes to life before, but I have a feeling this bike was pieced together from a salvage yard and the fairings were painted. Oh well it was only $450 and was complete.

Comment

Working...
        X